Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    My boss doesn't like the Today screen, and would like to have the dial pad be the main screen. Is there a way to do that? I've searched all over to no avail. Apparently most people are happy with the Today screen.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoTCA
    My boss doesn't like the Today screen, and would like to have the dial pad be the main screen. Is there a way to do that? I've searched all over to no avail. Apparently most people are happy with the Today screen.

    Thanks.
    i would try teaching him how to bring up the dial pad screen. hec, he might even feel a sense of accomplishment being able to do it himself!

    regards
  3. #3  
    You can set it under the phone settings
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct
    You can set it under the phone settings

    I don't see it there.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    i would try teaching him how to bring up the dial pad screen. hec, he might even feel a sense of accomplishment being able to do it himself!

    regards
    Doesn't pressing the phone button bring up the dial pad? I only had three days on it before I had to turn it over to him, so I'm not well versed on it myself.

    However, they've decided to get another one for someone else, so hopefully, I'll have some more time to play with it.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoTCA
    Doesn't pressing the phone button bring up the dial pad? I only had three days on it before I had to turn it over to him, so I'm not well versed on it myself.

    However, they've decided to get another one for someone else, so hopefully, I'll have some more time to play with it.
    yes, if you press the phone button a menu will appear and "dial pad" should be at or near the top.
  7. #7  
    he (or whoever) might also want to know that there's no NEED for the dial pad. I'd bet that the user thinks he needs the dial pad, since that's what he's used to on a standard cell phone. Make sure he know that all he has to do, to be able to dial, is just start to enter numbers (or letters - both work) and the number will display on the entry bar. No need for a dial pad to be showing. It's redundant.
    See - how simple could it be?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    he (or whoever) might also want to know that there's no NEED for the dial pad. I'd bet that the user thinks he needs the dial pad, since that's what he's used to on a standard cell phone. Make sure he know that all he has to do, to be able to dial, is just start to enter numbers (or letters - both work) and the number will display on the entry bar. No need for a dial pad to be showing. It's redundant.
    See - how simple could it be?
    Except that the dial pad makes dialing easier for those of us with fat fingers.
  9. 2_hotty's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #9  
    My boss wants the dial pad when in a call also. But mostly for voicemail. He likes this device except he's fairly certain he's going to crash one of these days on the expressway trying to check his voicemail at 70mph. Is there a one click way to bring up the dial pad while in call? I can't find anything.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty
    My boss wants the dial pad when in a call also. But mostly for voicemail. He likes this device except he's fairly certain he's going to crash one of these days on the expressway trying to check his voicemail at 70mph. Is there a one click way to bring up the dial pad while in call? I can't find anything.

    Why doesn't he program voicemail speed dial with extra digits for his PW that dial automatically? Then he can use the icons in the voicemail screen to save, delete, repeat the messages. This is what I do and it works well for me.
  11. 2_hotty's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #11  
    I have his VM setup to enter his password automatically, but going through messages is the problem. After a 2 hour meeting, he can have around 30 voicemails to go through, listen to, skip, go back after hearing someone elses, etc.

    The VM icons are really small to use, especially when travelling.
  12. #12  
    It sounds like I wouldn't want to be on the road near him anyway if he can't take a few minutes to check voicemail before getting in the car.

Posting Permissions