1.    #1  
    Folks,

Looking for some guidance here.

Been a long time Palm guy - Palm Personal, Palm Vx, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650.

Tried the Samsung i730 back in July - but returned it because of the lack of one handed operation. There were a few things that were very good about it:
    > EVDO being the biggest one.
    > Mail application that is supported by my IT department is better than the client on Palm.

Looking at my important apps:
    > Agendus Pro - could be replaced by Pocket Informant - used a trial on i730 and was OK with it.
    > Splash ID - Available for WM5 I think
    > BackupBuddy VFS - Sprite Backup (was free on i730 does it come w/Treo 700W).
    > ReDo - Palm and Outlook don't handle this very well, this is a great little Palm App. Is there a WM equivalent.
    > Bluetooth Modem? Is there a shadowmite equivalent or is it not needed?

Everything else is just utilities that may not be necessary for 700W you guys tell me:
    > Bulter
    > Cleanup/Uninstall Manager
    > Undupe

Looking for Palm Converts to put in their two cents on the learning curve and what there opinion is after about a month.

Opinions on:
    > Stability of device. Does the 700W doe the automatic soft resets like the 650 does (about twice a week for me)
    > Phone Quality.
    > Battery Life
    > One Handed Operation.
    I'd suggest reading through the many posts in the 700w forum. I think you'll find most, if not all, of your questions have been answered multiple times already.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    To chime in, I lost my 600 in the snow this weekend, and I was really bummed. Now, after reading all the discussions about the 650 & 700, I am twice as bummed, because my hope of upgrading the old device is certainly debatable, given the negativity that pervades the 650 & 700 forums.

Granted, I was on the 4th refurb iteration of the 600 with VZ, but it finally worked well enough for 8 months, no major glitches, I could use MOU data, had my trusty apps, and 512 Mb SD card. Now, it looks like I'll have to shell out at least $300 for unstable products, questionable improvements and $44/mo in data charges. Grrr.