Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've found a single text message in my drafts folder - and when trying to switch to drafts - Pocket Outlook will hang. This has happened 4 times already, on 2 700w's, and of course a hard reset always fixes it. when it happens I can add new draft text messages but the folder remains inaccessible. the last time it happened was during a hour long session of text messaging. Any ideas on what could be causing this ? Also where are text messages stored - I checked the file system and couldn't find them.
    Are you using Wireless Sync?
    I have the exact same problem. I have 16 messages in there, and I am using Exchange Avtive Sync, It is driving me nuts,
    It would be good if we could isolate this problem to a specific app or protocol. It happened multiple times with my XV6600 using Domino/Notes & Wireless Sync. It hasn't occur with this device -- yet. I don't use WS now though.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Are you using Wireless Sync?
    I am most definitely using Wireless Sync.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    It would be good if we could isolate this problem to a specific app or protocol. It happened multiple times with my XV6600 using Domino/Notes & Wireless Sync. It hasn't occur with this device -- yet. I don't use WS now though.

I wouldn't think this to be related to Wireless Sync, only because it only happens with Text Messages - and Wireless Sync doesn't do anything with text messages. If I'm mistaken - I'm sorry... I believe that almost every time this has happened I remember being involved in a fairly long running (15 minutes or so) session of text messaging... I had thought that I might have not properly cancelled a text message and it somehow got saved as a corrupted draft.

I've been searching the file system on the 700w and for the life of me I can't find where WM5 keeps text messages. (It was pretty easy to find - and edit, this on the 650).
    Quote Originally Posted by jpezzella
    I wouldn't think this to be related to Wireless Sync, only because it only happens with Text Messages - and Wireless Sync doesn't do anything with text messages..
    So true that WS doesn't deliver text messages but I don't eliminate WS since Pocket Outlook holds all of the mail -- including text messages. A corruption in one mailbox might effect others.

This has happened several times to my regular Outlook mail -- drafts and sent mail folders on my XV6600. I've read on other sites that it is not isolated to Text Messages on the 700w.

I'd like to know if anyone has had this happen and never had WS activated.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've reported this to Verizon and they've replaced my 700 once for it. When it happened with my replacement, Verizon said that I needed to escalate this to Palm.