1.    #1  
    Hi All

Just found your site. I have a questions that I did not see discussed here unless I missed it. Any word on when Cingular will debut the 700 ?
    Our rep said summer but with EDGE connectivity only. Cingular won't roll out equivalent coverage UMTS/HSPDA until the end of the year due to the fact that they've been converging their network with the AT&T wireless network that they recently acquired. No word on whether the 700w will support igh speed GSM based networks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigfootHeller
    Hi All

Just found your site. I have a questions that I did not see discussed here unless I missed it. Any word on when Cingular will debut the 700 ?
    Hints are that Cingular won't see a 700p but will move directly to Hollywood which many are assuming will be the 800p. Verizon released their EVDO equipped model in January. At that time articles coming out of the CES in Vegas were reporting Verizon EVDO in 60 metro areas, Cingular GSM in 20 and Sprint somewhere in between. There seems to be a large difference between what the carriers are "claiming" as coverage and what the press is giving them credit for. AT CES, Cingular demonstrated HDSPA 3.6 which was a surprise as this service wasn't expected to go live until 2007. It seems that instead of going with UTMS -> HDSPA 1.8 -> HDSPA 3.6, Cingular is going to roll out 3.6 at new sites from the getgo. For comparison purposes, HDSPA 1.8 is equivalent to EV-DO.

In the last year (January 2005-2006), Verizon went from 20 -> 60 and Cingular went from 6 ->20. Both are "claiming" to have 150 million peeps covered by year's end. So to answer your question, I don't think we will see a new Cingular Treo until 3rd quarter.