1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried any of the 2-in-1 headsets, that allow you to listent to music and toggle over to phone use with the push of a button? They have these over at Seidio, for example. Any experiences?
    I have one of the 2-in-1 sets from Seido. It's simple earbud style headphones and a retractable cord. I have been very happy with it. I'm not looking for audiophile performance from these earbuds. They work fine for me. Music is interrupted if a call comes in. The button can be used to initiate voice commands (nice when the Treo is in my pocket and I want to to play a specific artist or album) and take/end calls.

I also enjoy using them for telephone calls and hearing the other person in both ears. It makes people on the other end easier to hear and understand while blocking out outside noise. In fact, I now use this set as a handsfree more often than my bluetooth because of that reason. Bottom line, I'd recommend them.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I concur. I especially like the programs that allow you to use the button to change songs.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I've got a hybrid. I like it for traveling or if I am in the car waiting on some one I can watch some TV I recorded
    I like the Palm version because the sound quality's actually very good and it allows you to use Voice Command with the push of a button. And voice command allows you not only to make calls but to change music and such. It's great. I totally recommend it. And it's cheap.
    I love the device, but have had TWO flake out on me. In each case, the flexible wire at the pin didn't hold up and I lost sound through the ear buds. And believe me, I didn't abuse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiskoKid
    I like the Palm version because the sound quality's actually very good and it allows you to use Voice Command with the push of a button. And voice command allows you not only to make calls but to change music and such. It's great. I totally recommend it. And it's cheap.
    Are you invoking voice command with the button on the headset?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I bought some Motorola 2 in 1 headphones and the only work in one ear. Do sertain 2.5 headphones not work on the Treo 650? or is there some set up I am to do to listen to my realplayer MP3's using stero head phones instead of the single ear piece?

Thanks for any help with this problem
    Quote Originally Posted by dantreo2
    Are you invoking voice command with the button on the headset?
    Yes, when you press the button on the headset, it'll ask me for a voice command. I can control it all from the headset. I totally recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827
    I bought some Motorola 2 in 1 headphones and the only work in one ear. Do sertain 2.5 headphones not work on the Treo 650? or is there some set up I am to do to listen to my realplayer MP3's using stero head phones instead of the single ear piece?

Thanks for any help with this problem

Same question...
    But I had a Jabra stereo 2.5 headset for the 700. Only one earpiece had sound. I thought the 700 did not really have stereo capability, but I was hoping to at least get a 2-in-1 headset working with "simulated" stereo. I'm hesitant to buy another set.

So, the Seidio works with the 700?

Thanks
    So, which headsets do allow you to hear the phone call in both ears? I'm open to all recommendations!
    I ordered the Insten adapter from www.eforcity.com (http://eforcity.com/dhantreohs03.html). I know it says it's for the 650 but it works on my 700w. It allows you to plug your standard headphones into the adapter, which then has a phone answer button and inline volume control, which is really nice. The adapter then has a 2.5mm jack for your Treo. It's pretty el cheapo and you get what you pay for but it works really well and it beats paying $30 or more for a new set of 2-in-1 earbuds and allows you to use any of your existing headsets (I like to use my noise cancelling over-ear headphones when flying).