My co-workers and I have new 700w's. I have been playing with mine for 10 days. I have two immediate problems that I am experiencing while getting my email, My company uses pop 3 email accounts from a company server, it is not an exchange server.

Here are the current issues:
    Problem 1
    I set my account up to send and recieve every 15 minutes and for half of the first day then it would send and receive properly however since then it auto send/receives maybe twice per day. I have been manually send/receiving to get my email.

Problem 2
    However there is another issue that I am having about every three days then when I manually do a send/receive then all my email message get wiped out. They just totally disappear?? I read another thread about changing the settings to fix this. I changed the settings but it just barely happened again.

Long-Term Goal:
    Our long term goal is to get our 700w's and server set up so it pushes our email to our pda's and IMMEDIATELY notifies us that we have a message. I do know know much about servers but I know a good deal about computers. Can someone please reccommend a good email program that will work for us. By the way we received verizons business enterprise software, they said it would work with an exchange server. Anyone played with Verizons software? How would be the best way to set up our system?

I love the 700w but I have to have my emails.
    By the way we have 8-treo 650's 3-treo 700w's and we want all of them to be able to receive push email from the server. Any help is very much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ney1
    Problem 2
    However there is another issue that I am having about every three days then when I manually do a send/receive then all my email message get wiped out. They just totally disappear?? I read another thread about changing the settings to fix this. I changed the settings but it just barely happened again.
    i've been asking about this for a while, and it really bugs me that no one can explain exactly how the e-mail is supposed to work. i haven't seen any documentation.

seems that when you bring down mail, it sits on your phone as long as it remains on the server. once you bring the mail down from the server to your pc, the next send/receive you do will erase it from your phone.

ideally there would be a setting where you decide whether to leave the mail on the server, and the ability to retain local copies of emails on the phone.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I suppose it is supposed to be a feature really. If you have hundreds of emails on your device (like from a multi-day business trip), and you get home and download them all to your PC, it would be much easier to just send/receive once and have all the messages you downloaded to your PC disappear instead of having to manually delete all of them. There are times I wish I could keep a message on my device after I downloaded it to my PC as well though. It seems like that setting should be available.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com