Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonc View Post
    Thanks for your response. I have found out what the required steps are in order to make the registry tweak works. I am posting these steps below hoping they may also benefit others who use Comcast POP3 with their Treo 700WX.

1. Change the Outgoing server port to 25 from 465. If it is blank, then it is port 25.
    2. Change the Incoming server port to 110 from 995. Again if it is already blank, it is port 110.
    3. Tools > Options > Tap on your Comcast account > Next (E-mail Setup 1/4) > Next (2/4) > Next (3/4) > Options > Next (Options 1/3) > Uncheck box "Require SSL connection" > Next > Finish > ok.
    4. Backup your Registry before performing the next step, just in case you need to revert back to factory setting without a hard reset.
    5. Add a new DWORD value ForceOffSSL, and value data = 1 (Base=Decimal) under Registry HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Inbox.
    6. Close all apps, and do a soft reset.

It now works for me!! It used to take close a 1.5 minute just to login and check my Comcast POP3 email, but with the changes above, I am able to complete the entire cycle within 5 seconds (no kidding)! I also have an Exchange Server email using diirect push technology that requires SSL, but I have no problem getting/sending my Exchange Server email after adding the DWORD value mentioned above.

Note-If you must use SSL for other non-Comcast POP3 accounts (ex. gmail), then the above registry hack will not allow you to connect to your SSL-required email accounts.

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA
    After eight solid months since my orginal post #6 above, my Comcast POP3 "connecting" step revert back to the long delay (likes 45+ seconds) before "logging on" to the account, and executing the "sending and receiving" step.

It used to be under 5 seconds to complete the entire login cycle with the original registry tweak. However the delay started to occur about 2 days ago and remains the same as of this writing. I called Comcast but the person who answered the call confirmed nothing was modified from their end. I doubt if she really knew but I have no way to find out more.

Has anyone else having the same issue?

Tony
    SF, CA
    Last edited by Antonc; 11/17/2007 at 01:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonc View Post
    After eight solid months since my orginal post #6 above, my Comcast POP3 "connecting" step revert back to the long delay (likes 45+ seconds) before "logging on" to the account, and executing the "sending and receiving" step.

It used to be under 5 seconds to complete the entire login cycle with the original registry tweak. However the delay started to occur about 2 days ago and remains the same as of this writing. I called Comcast but the person who answered the call confirmed nothing was modified from their end. I doubt if she really knew but I have no way to find out more.

Has anyone else having the same issue?

Tony
    SF, CA
    I just started noticing that again too. I wonder what they changed this time to make this start happening again.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12