Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'm having a weird problem with the Camera application on the 700w that I'm evaluating.

If I go into the Camera app, I can take one picture, then the viewfinder goes solid black, and won't start working again unless I leave the app and come back.

For example:

- I go into Camera
    - I line up and take one picture
    - It shows me the picture that I just took
    - It hit the center button or OK to go back to take another picture
    - Now the viewfinder is solid black.
    - If I take another picture at this point, it's also solid black.

A round-trip to the Thumbnails gallery and back again fixes the viewfinder, but, uh, kind of annoying. Soft-reset did not fix it.

A long shot, but: anyone else getting this? I don't have a ton of third-party software installed or anything, and I haven't touched my registry.
    Mine goes back to the camera viewfinder after I push the center button.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    But I would think it wouldn't work at all if it was hardware. I guess I need to (sigh) try a hard reset and see if it works then.

If it does, I need to figure out which app I installed that killed it. If not, back to Verizon for an exchange, I suppose. Hooray!
    A hard reset would provide the definitive answer on that....
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Dont think a hard reset will fix the problem. I think its a bug...(I get it too).
    I've had the same bug since I brought it home, but frankly I don't use the camera much. A fix would be nice though.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Same problem here. When the screen is black hit the left or right on the center toggle. It will adjust the brightness and bring the screen back. Some sort of bug apparently, but not a big deal.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip... that alone will save a lot of time. Wonder how we tell Palm about these issues so they can get them fixed...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yay, the left/right trick does work! Thanks, that will save me a hard reset.

Of course it would be nice if it worked the way it was supposed to... _Is_ there any official channel for reporting bugs to Palm?
    Maybe it was quietly fixed. I've not been able to make mine exhibit the "black screen" symptom.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Is there a firmware / OS version number somewhere we could compare?
    My first 700w did the SAME thing... I ended up exchanging it. My 2nd 700w had a radio problem(no service in normally low service areas). my 3rd 700w is fine. I have not experienced the camera problem AT ALL.

On the 1st 700w, hard resetting did not help the camera problem.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    For whatever it's worth, I've hard-reset since I started this thread, and the camera no longer has this bug. Since that directly contradicts the previous poster, I don't know what to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenf
    For whatever it's worth, I've hard-reset since I started this thread, and the camera no longer has this bug. Since that directly contradicts the previous poster, I don't know what to think.
    HOW FUNNY that you posted this today. My 3rd Treo did the black screen bug once yesterday...hehehehe
    I had the same issue I read your post but it didnt help me at all.. had to do a hard reset.. argh..

help me plz.