1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to make the keyboard backlight timeout? I listed to audible books on it and it drives me crazy when the keyboard stays lit up the entire time, this has to be eating into my battery. I made it shut off the screen after 30 seconds but the keyboard stays lit.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I too would be interested in this if anyone knows...
    Ditto, anyone found a registry hack, or do we have to wait for Palm to get off they collective butts and put this in the ROM update we will get in say December.
    Wow ... I was gonna ask this same question tonight. I ripped a DVD to my SD card and the keypad stays on the entire time the movie is playing ....
    Is it Start > Settings > System > Backlight that you are looking for?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    No, they are referring to the backlight on the keyboard. My 700w will arrive next week, so I can't be of much help yet, but have a related backlighting question. Can you manually turn the backlight on and off with a hardware button? What I mean is on other Windows Mobile Pocket PCs, you can hold down the power button and it will toggle the backlight on and off while leaving the screen on. Can you do this on the 700w since the power button turns the phone on and off?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Drivers/BuiltIn/Keylight looks interesting... I have no idea what value in that key would override the default setting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    No, they are referring to the backlight on the keyboard. My 700w will arrive next week, so I can't be of much help yet, but have a related backlighting question. Can you manually turn the backlight on and off with a hardware button? What I mean is on other Windows Mobile Pocket PCs, you can hold down the power button and it will toggle the backlight on and off while leaving the screen on. Can you do this on the 700w since the power button turns the phone on and off?
    Right, on my 700w, setting a time in Start > Settings > System > Backlight > "Turn off backlight if device is not used for" turns off the keyboard backlight and also the dims the screen backlight and then eventually dims it some more to where it almost looks off. Now, if they only want the keyboard backlight to be turned off, obviously they will need some other method in doing so. As far as a manual way to turn off just the keyboard backlight with a hardware button, I have yet to find a way built in, but I'm sure it can be done with a software solution and then mapping that app a key. You can however turn off the screen and keyboard backlight by hitting the red phone hangup button. (Power button).