Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This Palm 700 series info is mainly for full time unlimited data users-
    After more than two months of testing 3 of the Palm 700 series devices using Verizon. And a lot of waisted time and money of course.

According to Palm (Bluetooth voice dialing) is still broke but being worked on. This is a safety and convenience feature to say the least. A few of these problems were admitted to me by a Palm high-level tech last week.

Freezing up and locking up with nothing to do but take the back off and push the tiny reset over and over for us is just crazy. My colleges and I have added NO OTHER programs to complicate the testing.

The 700 series phone when dialing out EVERY time must display a dialing/connecting dialog box that blocks the screen causing you stop what you are doing and dismiss it- all day long and no way to stop it. We have unlimited data plans since any other plan would cost a fortune as we found out quickly. We must close programs often to keep the 700 running as best as it can. This is so VERY LAST CENTURY! We should just go back to DOS while we are at it.

Of course all carriers restrict using your 700 series as a wireless modem, which is just plain GREEDY and customer Unfriendly! All the carriers are well aware and WILL NOT support us.
    Bluetooth wireless modem will never be supported either for this reason.

For anyone trying to believe that the Palm 700 series are multimedia ready-try playing FULL screen video and see the blurrrrrrs. Half the resolution of most screens today-just dumb.

The 700 series external speaker is weak and mic records very poorly. Just try it. A better mic and speaker are far more important when you think about it. I recorded my own ringers to hear the names of who is calling, using the mic and its sounds so distorted and week when any one calls so I don’t usually hear who it is even with max volume. Playing songs/videos or non voice name ringers is just not as safe or useful to us.
    Others and I would like to use the voice announce ringer when driving/walking anytime to hear without having to completely stop what we are doing like driving or working. Safety and Convenience again. Its there but it just is not usable.

The Treo 700 series red power button does not always work on the first try and that's after trying 3 of the 700w's over 2 months. Others are starting to notice this now.

Palm admits (no update are coming) and may just come out with another model instead of fixing most of the above problems. If Palm does come out with a minor update/s most bugs and problems will still not be fixed based on the history of these companies. Just check the history of (fixing products this century). Palm and most of these companies just want us not to notice or care too much until they sell us the next version.

If we use the Treo 700 series as designed it is only (ok) for light users at best. With Palm, Microsoft, and Verizon and the previous 650 series, many of us expected much less problems. The all important receiving antenna signal strength is not as good as the LG8100 phone. I tried them side by side, as did others. Why is that we wonder...Some light users will probably not care as much but we use the 700w all day as advertised. The more we use something the more critically we depend on it and everyone knows that at least. Sincerely and Frustrated by the lies…
    Good luck to all from Michael
    It seems like any time a new product comes out (even outside the Palm company, i.e. Apple) someone always brings up a class action lawsuit. The only thing these class action lawsuits do is make prices go up. Instead of doing a class action lawsuit, how about you never buy from palm again? That way the rest of us don't have to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Instead of doing a class action lawsuit, how about you never buy from palm again? That way the rest of us don't have to pay.
    This made me laugh.

OP: sorry you have problems. If I ever had continuous problems with a phone, I would switch to a different one (Wait! I did - ok but it wasnt because my 600 was broken). For the people who suffer through 3,4,5,6 or more units...you have much more patience than me.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

OH...MY...GOD....

Another "I'm want to sue Palm!1one1!!1 Who's with me???/?/" thread.

Great first post. This is exactly why all new threads should get a mods approval before hitting the boards.

Let us know how the lawsuit works out for you, although I'm sure you, just like everyone else who has started one of these threads, has no intention on actually following through.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Cool, I just won the "How long to another Class Action post" pool at work.

Sure it was only 2 bucks, but I still won
    When did TurdyCentral get a Treo 700w? I'm off to sign his petition.
    Quote Originally Posted by calash
    Cool, I just won the "How long to another Class Action post" pool at work.

Sure it was only 2 bucks, but I still won
    You had what, "35 minutes"?
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    When did TurdyCentral get a Treo 700w? I'm off to sign his petition.
    Ah yes, Tundy. How could we forget? The class-action king! Well, maybe not action, since all he did was bait and flame about lawsuits and didn't do squat about it.
    I'm back!
    He did have a website/guestbook and someone kept using XSS to redirect users to TubGirl
    He did have a website/guestbook and someone kept using XSS to redirect users to TubGirl
    Ugh....

I wonder who the mysterious redirector was.....it was like that person was a ghost or something.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Hey this one is different, this poster even has his own college that uses the treo

" My colleges and I have added NO OTHER programs to complicate the testing."
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Hey this one is different, this poster even has his own college that uses the treo

" My colleges and I have added NO OTHER programs to complicate the testing."
    Reverend Falwell, is that you???
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Ugh....

I wonder who the mysterious redirector was.....it was like that person was a ghost or something.
    Yes, an evil one at that..
    Yes, an evil one at that..
    Well, you would have to be, right?
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Well, you would have to be, right?
    You bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectmw
    Why is that we wonder...Some light users will probably not care as much but we use the 700w all day as advertised. The more we use something the more critically we depend on it and everyone knows that at least.
    Ah yes - the classic drive-by ranting. Feigned expertise, a comprehensive checklist of functionality anecdotally "proven" to be terrible, poorly worded threats, no follow up message, and the ultimate proof of pricelessness:

i have to laugh.. you have 15 days to return this if you don't like it. You didn't.
    Palm is forcing you to use their phone how horrific!
    get a grip... get another phone and .... oh yeah... worry yourself with things that matter like cartoons of sinister mad rulers.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    One post?
    Did Slinky move to a new IP address?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Did Slinky move to a new IP address?
    wouldn't doubt it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast