Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is the part that stumps me: "With Palm, Microsoft, and Verizon and the previous 650 series, many of us expected much less problems."

I think it would have been remarkable for the first Palm Windows experiment to have been trouble-free especially when they put out what is essentially the same 650 device that gave many users a lot of problems. Might there be less dissatisfaction had they called this a 650W?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Ah yes - the classic drive-by ranting. Feigned expertise, a comprehensive checklist of functionality anecdotally "proven" to be terrible, poorly worded threats, no follow up message, and the ultimate proof of pricelessness:

When you pay all the money and get lies instead of reliablity you have every right to rant.. My being new to this forum means the same as you being older to this forum-nothing. Try using the 700 full time and give your take on it instead of me. Or is that too much bother?
  3.    #23  
    When you pay all the money and get lies instead of reliablity you have every right to rant.. My being new to this forum means the same as you being older to this forum-nothing. Try using the 700 full time and give your take on it instead of me. Or is that too much bother?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    This is the part that stumps me: "With Palm, Microsoft, and Verizon and the previous 650 series, many of us expected much less problems."

I think it would have been remarkable for the first Palm Windows experiment to have been trouble-free especially when they put out what is essentially the same 650 device that gave many users a lot of problems. Might there be less dissatisfaction had they called this a 650W?
    IF YOU ARE USING THE 700 SERIES OR 650W IF YOU LIKE FULL TIME. DONT YOU THINK THEY COULD A LEAST PROVIDE A REPLACEMENT THAT IS RELIABLE? THESE COMPANIES HAD MUCH TIME AND MONEY TO FIX THE 650 WITH THE 700 BUT DID NOT FIELD TEST IT FOR MORE THAN A FEW DAYS OR JUST DONT CARE SINCE THEY HAVE THE SERIES 800 COMING. YES I AM GLAD WHEN THE 700 WORKS BUT CAN NOT RELY ON IT. I JUST HAVE TO USE IT AT TIMES AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT PROMISE.
  5.    #25  

I HAVE TO AGREE WE ARE PROBABLY ALL CRAZY FOR HOPING OR THINKING THAT THE 650-700 SERIES WILL EVER BE RELIABLE. BUT ITS THE BROKEN BEST SO FAR...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Ah yes - the classic drive-by ranting. Feigned expertise, a comprehensive checklist of functionality anecdotally "proven" to be terrible, poorly worded threats, no follow up message, and the ultimate proof of pricelessness:

I agree!! This shouldn't be totally unexpected considering they really did nothing much over the 650 but change the OS(and shorted the memory just like on the 650) and the radio. It's also seems to be well-known that the customers are Palm's beta testers when it comes to the Treo.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    It seems like any time a new product comes out (even outside the Palm company, i.e. Apple) someone always brings up a class action lawsuit. The only thing these class action lawsuits do is make prices go up. Instead of doing a class action lawsuit, how about you never buy from palm again? That way the rest of us don't have to pay.
    THE CLASS ACTION WAS A QUESTION TO PROMPT OTHER LONG TERM USERS ABOUT THEIR SERIOUSNESS USING THESE TYPE DEVICES..

PRICING GOES UP BECAUSE AMERICANS ARE RICH-JUST ASK THE OIL COMPANIES IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME. I COMPLETELY AGREE THAT I SHOULD BUY SOMETHING ELSE BUT IT TAKES WEEKS TO SEE AND TEST IF OTHER LIKE DEVICES WILL BE RELIABLE ALL DAY. WHERE IS OUR PAYCHECK I DEMAND FOR OUR WORK. THESE COMPANIES ALL MAKE THE SAME PROMISES BUT AFTER TRYING A FEW OTHERS I WILL NO LONGER BE THESE COMPANIES TESTER. 100+ HOURS OF FINDING OUT IT JUST IS NOT RELIABLE. WHY TEST WHEN THESE COMPANIES JUST WILL TELL EVERYONE A NEW MODEL IS AROUND THE CORNER. AFTER 35 YEARS OF LISTENING TO SPRINT, ATT, VERIZON,HP AND MANY OTHERS, ITS CLEAR THAT RELIABILITY IS JUST NOT REALLY ON THE SCREEN ANY MORE.
    I AM SURE THAT I AM JUST CRAZY THINKING THAT THESE COMPANIES MAY ONE DAY TAKE RELIABILTY SERIOUS. I NO LONGER SEE TESTING AND RELIABILITY AS SERIOUS ISSUES FOR WINDOWS/PALM/HP AND THE REST. THESE COMPANIES JUST KEEP COMING OUT WITH (BETTER?) MODELS. WELL THEY LOOK BETTER ANYWAY! GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by perfectmw; 02/09/2006 at 05:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectmw
    I am new to the forum also. I use my new 700w in a manner that I would consider typical.

Pocket Breeze w/ Pocket weather, Goodlink 4.7.025 beta, watching movies encoded with PocketDVD Studio, listen to MP3's, Pocket streets, waiting for a pocket player for the slingmedia slingbox.

This thing is freaking brilliant. It is not perfect, but name one device that is.

All things being equal the functionality of this device far exceeds any of its type that I have used previously.

I have used a Samsung i600, Samsung i730, Blackberry 7280

Could it use more memory? Sure. Maybe some functionality tweaks? Probably.

The fact that I have owned this for 2 weeks and have not had to use the stylus to "drive" for a week now tells me that this is the device I have been waiting for.

I have not experienced many of the issues that are raised with this device.

Perhaps you should exercise some modicum of common sense instead of spewing vitriol and just try a different device.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I agree!! This shouldn't be totally unexpected considering they really did nothing much over the 650 but change the OS(and shorted the memory just like on the 650) and the radio. It's also seems to be well-known that the customers are Palm's beta testers when it comes to the Treo.
    well-known that the customers are Palm's beta testers when it comes to the Treo.
    THE ABOVE IS SOOO TRUE BUT WHERE IS MY PAYCHECK AND YOURS FOR ALL THIS BETA TESTING? LAST TIME I LOOKED WE ALL ARE PAYING FULL RETAIL. I GUESS THAT MAKES US DOUBLE SUCKERS, DONT YOU THINK?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    I am new to the forum also. I use my new 700w in a manner that I would consider typical.

Pocket Breeze w/ Pocket weather, Goodlink 4.7.025 beta, watching movies encoded with PocketDVD Studio, listen to MP3's, Pocket streets, waiting for a pocket player for the slingmedia slingbox.

This thing is freaking brilliant. It is not perfect, but name one device that is.

All things being equal the functionality of this device far exceeds any of its type that I have used previously.

I have used a Samsung i600, Samsung i730, Blackberry 7280

The fact that I have owned this for 2 weeks and have not had to use the stylus to "drive" for a week now tells me that this is the device I have been waiting for.

Perhaps you should exercise some modicum of common sense instead of spewing vitriol and just try a different device.
    JUST A REMINDER OF WHAT YOU SAID BELOW-

YES I HAVE USED SEVERAL DEVICES BUT NOT THE SAME AS YOU. I USE THEM FOR BUISNESS ONLY AND JUST WANT TO GET THE JOB DONE. IF I WANTED A MEDIA PLAYER I WOULD JUST BUY ONE. I USE THE 650-700 SERIES FULL TIME AS A BUISNESS
    DEVICE NOT ENTERTAINMENT AS YOU DO. ITS GOOD TO HEAR SOMEONE REALY LIKES THE 700 FOR ITS MULTIMEDIA BUT IF YOU PLAY VIDEOS AT FULL SCREEN THEY LOOK BLUUUURY TO SAY THE LEAST. THE MUSIC PART IS GOOD BUT I USE THIS AS A MINI LAPTOP FOR BUISNESS NOT ENTERTAINMENT. I GUESS I GOT THE WRONG MARKETING MESSAGE THAT THE 700 SERIES WAS A SERIOUS RELIABLE BUISNESS TOOL. YOUR RIGHT I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP AND LISTEN TO MY MUSIC!!
    well-known that the customers are Palm's beta testers when it comes to the Treo.
    THE ABOVE IS SOOO TRUE BUT WHERE IS MY PAYCHECK AND YOURS FOR ALL THIS BETA TESTING? LAST TIME I LOOKED WE ALL ARE PAYING FULL RETAIL. I GUESS THAT MAKES US DOUBLE SUCKERS, DONT YOU THINK?
    Well, I won't be buying another Treo until the specs match up seriously with what I consider a real upgrade. The 650 was enough to get me to jump because I never owned the 600, and looking at the screens side-by-side did it for me. But I did learn that the 650 was a somewhat minor upgrade from the 600. And looking at the supposed specs of the 700p, same thing. So I will not jump so fast the next time.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    THE CLASS ACTION WAS A QUESTION TO PROMPT OTHER LONG TERM USERS ABOUT THEIR SERIOUSNESS USING THESE TYPE DEVICES..

PRICING GOES UP BECAUSE AMERICANS ARE RICH-JUST ASK THE OIL COMPANIES IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME. I COMPLETELY AGREE THAT I SHOULD BUY SOMETHING ELSE BUT IT TAKES WEEKS TO SEE AND TEST IF OTHER LIKE DEVICES WILL BE RELIABLE ALL DAY. WHERE IS OUR PAYCHECK I DEMAND FOR OUR WORK. THESE COMPANIES ALL MAKE THE SAME PROMISES BUT AFTER TRYING A FEW OTHERS I WILL NO LONGER BE THESE COMPANIES TESTER. 100+ HOURS OF FINDING OUT IT JUST IS NOT RELIABLE. WHY TEST WHEN THESE COMPANIES JUST WILL TELL EVERYONE A NEW MODEL IS AROUND THE CORNER. AFTER 35 YEARS OF LISTENING TO SPRINT, ATT, VERIZON,HP AND MANY OTHERS, ITS CLEAR THAT RELIABILITY IS JUST NOT REALLY ON THE SCREEN ANY MORE.
    I AM SURE THAT I AM JUST CRAZY THINKING THAT THESE COMPANIES MAY ONE DAY TAKE RELIABILTY SERIOUS. I NO LONGER SEE TESTING AND RELIABILITY AS SERIOUS ISSUES FOR WINDOWS/PALM/HP AND THE REST. THESE COMPANIES JUST KEEP COMING OUT WITH (BETTER?) MODELS. WELL THEY LOOK BETTER ANYWAY! GOOD LUCK
    You sound angry. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is just a phone, right? It's not the end all be all of work or gadgets. For most it makes life easier; if it doesn't do so for you find another phone. You stated that you and your "colleges" were testing the phone. Don't you ever test things that don't work to your expectations? That's the point of testing a product, right? Get over it and find a new phone for your tests, future rants and lawsuits.
    perfectmw:

QUIT ****ING SHOUTING!!!oNE!!1<shiFT>1!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I hear ya Insertion.

PerfectMW: Posting in caps and ranting the same thing over and over does nothing more than up your post count and may get you banned. Your message to start a class action suit on a product that you could have returned is ridiculous.

ETA: The only valid action would be related to that lack of the "free backup and restore program" metioned on page 16 of the owners manual included with the phone.

You did not mention that so your rantings remain pointless.
    Last edited by Beryl; 02/09/2006 at 08:46 AM.
    If you need something *****-proof, get a Blackberry. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the device.

AFTER 35 YEARS OF LISTENING TO SPRINT, ATT, VERIZON,HP AND MANY OTHERS, ITS CLEAR THAT RELIABILITY IS JUST NOT REALLY ON THE SCREEN ANY MORE.
    Damn, are you slow or something??? You've taken 35 years of abuse and keep coming back for more? You're Palm's dream customer! But I'll temper your future disappointment now, the 700p, 800w/p, 1000w/p/x and every other upcoming Palm smartphone will have bugs. If you can't handle it, I'd suggest you cut your losses now.

AND TURN OFF YOUR DAMN CAPS!!!
    I'm back!
    I'm quite happy with the 700w overall. The device isn't perfect for sure, but most of my issues are with M$ not Palm. I'm specifically referring to the MSFP that enables reliable push email. The bluetooth stack is also disappointing from a handsfree perspective. But that's pretty much it from a cons perspective. This is a usable, full featured device. I've yet to encounter memory related issues with anything other than piscel viewer. This is surprising given the supposed low amount of user memory available to this device.
    I believe the OP has made his point. Good Luck!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12