Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a simple case/protector for the 700w that has no belt clip or loop so that I can carry it in my front pants pocket. The only thing I could find was a custom Tuff-As-Nutts, nutshell for $65 shipped. Wow that seems alot for a simple sleeve.

I also like the looks of the silicone skins, but they look like it would grip the inside of my pocket and be difficult to remove.

Can anybody offer some advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    I'm looking for a simple case/protector for the 700w that has no belt clip or loop so that I can carry it in my front pants pocket. The only thing I could find was a custom Tuff-As-Nutts, nutshell for $65 shipped. Wow that seems alot for a simple sleeve.

I also like the looks of the silicone skins, but they look like it would grip the inside of my pocket and be difficult to remove.

Can anybody offer some advice.
    try the one that comes with a xv6601 (or 6600 for that matter). it is a very, very thin leather sleeve/pouch which protects the device when in pocket. it is meant for nothing more than that (or bag) coupled with careful handling.
    Try Zcover - not sure if they came out with a skin for the 700W yet, but I have kept my 650 in my front pocket with Zcover for six + months. It is great.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    try the one that comes with a xv6601 (or 6600 for that matter). it is a very, very thin leather sleeve/pouch which protects the device when in pocket. it is meant for nothing more than that (or bag) coupled with careful handling.

Thanks, Oalvarez. Where do I find this pouch? At the Verizon Store?
    Thanks, Oalvarez. Where do I find this pouch? At the Verizon Store?
    the pouch that i refer to came with the vzw/audiovox 6601 device that i last owned. i have not been able to find it on the internet, but then again, i only spent a couple of minutes looking for it. maybe ebay? i like the sleeve because it is leather and it is extremely thin.
    I use the Krusell case for my 650. It came with a detachable belt clip, but many people simply take a knife or scissors to the stitching that holds the clip receptor on. This removes it and leaves a very slim leather case covering all parts except for the front. On the front there is flexible plastic covering the earpiece and keyboard. Put a screen protector on the screen to protect it from scratches. This is a very slim but non sticky solution, i have been happy with it in my pocket for close to a year now. I'll see if I can attach a pic of the altered case taken with my treo.

8.    #8  
    Thanks, wballz33. How does the plastic key cover affect your typing?
  9.    #9  
    Anybody try the Prima Cellphone Case by Bellagio in the Treo Store. http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--151.htm
    I'm just wondering about those little tabs on the bottom if they would scratch the treo or snap off.

http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/151.jpg
    Great topic... as I'd like to be able to do the same thing. I checked zcover.com (closest they had was the 650 cover http://www.zcover.com/zCover_Product...ne_Treo650.htm ) and they didn't have a version for the 700 and this looks like the same thing picture above:

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?pr...902&category=5

I'm looking for something that totally encases my Treo somehow... keeps all pocket lint out and protects it. The Krusell still has many lint ports
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    Its not quite as easy to type long emails but i would say only decreases the typing ability by 15% or so. Its worth it to me so that the paint on the keypad never rubs off.

Sourmash,
    If you were to find such a case, you would lose a lot of the usability of the touchscreen and would have to take it off every time you wanted to sync or charge.

Another plus to the Krusell case is that it covers the SD slot. A lot of people complain that the card can get depressed and then shoot out, taking with it any apps or files you have stored on it. This prevents that scenario from ever happening.
    Good points, and the SD card slot security is a nice plus. For the case, I was thinking of something that would be easy to open and slip the Treo out completely... kind of like those coin purses where you squeeze the sides and it opens up... that way you are not fumbling with a string tie or a zipper.
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    Quote Originally Posted by sourmash
    Good points, and the SD card slot security is a nice plus. For the case, I was thinking of something that would be easy to open and slip the Treo out completely... kind of like those coin purses where you squeeze the sides and it opens up... that way you are not fumbling with a string tie or a zipper.
    Check out the Krusell S-Wides. They seem to be like what you have described.

Under "Cases suitable for PalmOne Treo 600/650/700" on the right side of the page.
    http://www.krusell.se/product.php?pr...902&category=5
    -Chris
  14.    #14  
    Part of me wants just a pouch like the Nutshell, but the other part of me wants one like the Prima Case or the new one by Sena http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=392

The Krusell S-Wides look like they cover the whole screen and keys. I like touching my screen.

The only thing the worries me about both cases is my ability to get my thumb or finger into the upper corners or sides of the screen. But with the Treo's one-handed-ness, it may not be a problem. But it was with my iPaq and the Sena case.
    The only thing the worries me about both cases is my ability to get my thumb or finger into the upper corners or sides of the screen. But with the Treo's one-handed-ness, it may not be a problem. But it was with my iPaq and the Sena case.
    I think you and I are looking for the same solution. I personally would like the ability to easily stick my Treo in my front pockets, but not worry about it getting all mangled. I don't like anything over the keyboard but could make an exception there, but absolutely don't want any plastic from the case over the screen (Aside from a thin screen protector not connected to the case). I also don't like having it hang on my hip, so the belt clip just makes it thicker and serves no purpose. After reading this thread, the Krusell Classic Multidapt seems to be pretty close, but I can't tell if there is anything over the screen in that shot and I'm not sure about it's thickness. Some other threads mention the Invisible Sheild (www.theinvisibleshield.com), but I wonder what kind of problems would come with that kind of solution; as in, Hard to put on, how much protection it actually provides, etc. The Sena case looks great, but before getting one, you might want to check out this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...sena+scratches. Although, dispite that thread, I'm tempted to give it a try in hopes they have corrected the problem.

Other than that, I too am really looking forward to seeing what comes out of this thread.
    Last edited by ChrisD; 02/09/2006 at 04:32 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Yeah, I already posted my 2 cents over at the Sena Scrathing Treo Thread. The Treo 700w case looks ALOT nicer than the one I had for my iPAQ 2 years ago. As time goes on, I'm slowly changing my mind. I originally wanted a little pouch to slip my Treo into then slip it all into my pocket. The when the phone rings, quick take it all out.

But maybe I might consider a flip case. I want some protection, but I also want to quickly answer the phone, and be able to easily take it in and out of the case. Becasue I'm planning on using a cradle to charge at work and a car mount while I'm driving. (That's why I originally thought of a pouch. So I can easily take it out and place it on the car mount.)

I wish there was a review of the Speck Executive Flip case in the TreoCentral Store.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...-22--413-2.htm
    I just wish the latch of the speck was on the cover. It appears that it would poke in my mouth while I'm talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD
    I think you and I are looking for the same solution. I personally would like the ability to easily stick my Treo in my front pockets, but not worry about it getting all mangled. I don't like anything over the keyboard but could make an exception there, but absolutely don't want any plastic from the case over the screen (Aside from a thin screen protector not connected to the case). I also don't like having it hang on my hip, so the belt clip just makes it thicker and serves no purpose. After reading this thread, the Krusell Classic Multidapt seems to be pretty close, but I can't tell if there is anything over the screen in that shot and I'm not sure about it's thickness. Some other threads mention the Invisible Sheild (www.theinvisibleshield.com), but I wonder what kind of problems would come with that kind of solution; as in, Hard to put on, how much protection it actually provides, etc. The Sena case looks great, but before getting one, you might want to check out this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...sena+scratches. Although, dispite that thread, I'm tempted to give it a try in hopes they have corrected the problem.

Other than that, I too am really looking forward to seeing what comes out of this thread.
    i have done the Krussel case. simply take a razor blade/exacto knife and "cut out" the plastic that covers the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    i have done the Krussel case. simply take a razor blade/exacto knife and "cut out" the plastic that covers the screen.
    How do you like it overall? The idea of having a removable clip with the Multidapt does sound pretty neat, just incase a situation comes about where I would rather put it on my hip temporarily instead of in the pocket.

I will admit, I came very close earlier today to just pre-ordering a Sena case.. but decided to wait.
    I also want to carry my treo in my left front pants pocket, but after having killed an old Nokia as well as a RIM 957 this way, I'm leery of carrying the Treo "naked" in my pocket. The Treo fits (barely) in the nylon sleeve that came with my 3G iPod, but it has a big belt clip on it. The new Ipods come with a very thin velvety bag that's not meant for much more than scratch protection which might work, but the new iPods are thinner and wider than the 3G one I have, so I don;t know if the Treo would fit.

Then I stumbled on this on eBay and it looks like it might fit the bill perfectly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-600-650-OEM...QQcmdZViewItem

In case the auction is no longer live: it's for the case that came with the Treo 600. basically it's a nylon sleeve with no belt clip or anything that the Treo just slides in and out of. Not pretty, but I can't imagine that there's much that will be smaller for pocket use.
  20.    #20  
    Thanks Racekarl. I still might get a flip case, but this will get me started. And at $10.31 shipped, I can use it for awhile and get something else if it don't work out. But it looks exactly what I was originally wanting.

Here's another link for a current auction. The store has many to offer ending on many different days. All Buy It Now for $3.33. Thanks Racekarl!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-600-650-OEM...QQcmdZViewItem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast