1.    #1  
    When I am entering all-caps text or numbers into a new field, if I press ALT twice for num-lock or OPTION twice for caps-lock, it unlocks after the first number or letter is pressed and then I have to press ALT or OPTION twice again. Is it not possible for Caps/Num Lock to stay locked?
    Quote Originally Posted by treotexan
    When I am entering all-caps text or numbers into a new field, if I press ALT twice for num-lock or OPTION twice for caps-lock, it unlocks after the first number or letter is pressed and then I have to press ALT or OPTION twice again. Is it not possible for Caps/Num Lock to stay locked?
    it is posssible. you will know that it is "locked" if there is a "horizontal line" underneath either a) the dot which signifies symbols or b) the arrow that signifies upper case, IN THE LOWER MENU BAR. first press of either the option or upward arrow key (not alt) allows for the first tapped symbol or letter (you will see a dot or upward arrow but no line underneath it in the menu bar) while the second successive tap locks either and stays locked until you press either option or upward arrow a third time.
  3.    #3  
    I understand how to turn the locks on. My problem is that the locks do not stay locked if you turn them on for the first number or letter pressed in a new field.
    I have same issue. num lock shows it is locked. as soon as you enter first number it turns off. It only happens when using excel or sheet to go. I didn't have this problem with my tungston C. I just upgraded to Treo 650 with cingular. In reviewing Documents to go support page it says this is an issue with the palm software. But I don't have the problem in word to go or other programs.
    Inside Excel this is a bug in the software. Anyone can duplicate the issue of the numlock not sticking when first entering a number. Try it now, go to excell and hit the numlock (alt key twice), enetr a number, and the num lock turns off, once you turn it on again, it stays on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalifMike
    Inside Excel this is a bug in the software. Anyone can duplicate the issue of the numlock not sticking when first entering a number. Try it now, go to excell and hit the numlock (alt key twice), enetr a number, and the num lock turns off, once you turn it on again, it stays on.

It may not just be a bug in Excel. I've noticed this in other programs and forms I'm trying to fill.

In Excel, I think it relates to the way the Cell is selected to receive typing, but the cursor doesn't really appear until you actually start typing.