Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Not sure if this was covered elsewhere, but if anyone could direct me to a fix or setting change it will be appreciated:

I have my 700w streaming Sirius (using SiruCE) hooked up to my car speakers,
    and when the Backlight eventually turns off while streaming, the music pauses...until I reactivate the backlight by pressing a key.

Is there a setting on WM to keep the music playing after the Backlight goes out?

Interestingly, when I play MP3s using WM, and the backlight goes out, the music continues to play....

thanks
    Here's a tip I got from someone on the 700w thread - Program a button to turn the screen off, and once you start your media stream, press that button.

I programmed the space bar to turn the screen off. When I start streaming radio or XM, I then hit the space bar to turn the screen off, and media player will continue uninterrupted. Before I did this, I would need to hit a button every couple of minutes to restart the stream.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos
    Here's a tip I got from someone on the 700w thread - Program a button to turn the screen off, and once you start your media stream, press that button.

I programmed the space bar to turn the screen off. When I start streaming radio or XM, I then hit the space bar to turn the screen off, and media player will continue uninterrupted. Before I did this, I would need to hit a button every couple of minutes to restart the stream.
    Thanks,
    I assume you are talking about
    assigning "screen toggle" with the space bar WITHIN the WM program, right?
    Yes. Sorry my post wasn't that clear.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos
    Thanks, after reading the original thread,
    (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105645)

it appears to be an incompatability whenever Bluetooth is turned on...this is why sometimes WM plays forever without problems...and other times it goes out when the backlight goes out ---when I have my Bluetooth earpiece ON!

Anyway, the workaround you described works...but I have found that the sound still pauses (although after much longer period of time) about 10-15 minutes after playing.
    Strange - I was streaming a radio program today, and except for a few buffering pauses, listened about 60 minutes without a problem - ear bud for sound on one ear, my BT on the other. I even took a call about midway through and the player started up about 10 seconds after my BT headphone disconnected from the call.
    Where do I find screen toggle on Treo700W?