1.    #1  
    After ordering on 01/27 I finally got my $99 (after rebates) Treo 700W.

The Buy.Com website clearly stated that the $150 rebate was redeemable by submitting you second months invoice showing a $0 balance due. The $50 rebate was redeamable after 150 days of activation.

Guess what ... Both rebates show the identical stipulations ... niether can be redeemed prior to 150 days of activation. I contacted BUY.COM and they said they will have the rebate department get in touch with me. We'll see if this ever gets cleared up ..

Did anyone get the correct rebate form for the $150?
    I haven't even recieved my phone yet, but I made sure I read both the rebates clearly on the website. I recall that they both had pretty much the same terms about being in good standing for 181 days, etc., and that you couldn't submit the rebate before 180 days, or after 210 days (giving a narrow window of 30 days in which you can submit your rebate). They apparently are very tricky with these rebates, and the company that handles it (InPhonic, aka Wirefly) has had a LOT of complaints against them due to this, and just this past November has lost their Better Business Bureau membership.
    Check out this article on the company on msnbc:
    http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/01/consumers_irked.html

Again, not having my phone, nor rebate forms, yet, I can't clearly tell you what you will need to do, but from what I've been hearing, apparently you'll need copies of all your bills for the first 6 months (180 days) showing that you paid the account in full every time, and had no other problems, and didn't downgrade your service. You also need to follow the other instructions to the letter, probably have to include the "original UPC" for both rebates (which is impossible to do), etc, and also make sure the postal mark is not before 180 days and not after 210.

My advice is to make photo copies of EVERYTHING, and when you send in the rebates, pay the extra $1 to send it by certified mail where they require a signature and give you a delivery receipt. This company essentially makes it's money by denying people their rebates, and they'll deny of the smallest thing (such as a spelling mistake, not writing legibly, not writing in BLOCK letters...dunno if these are stipulations on the rebate forms, but if they are, make sure you do it).

The other thing to make sure of is that they set up your account properly. I've also heard where they only set up the bare minimum phone and data plan, and don't add on any of those extra "freebies" you normally get when you sign up through verizon, so you might have to call up Verizon to get all that stuff added on. I don't know if that is a common occurrance, but still worth checking out.
    One more thing.

I don't know if it is linked to the rebate, or they check it themselves, but if you don't keep your account in "good standing" (paid all your bills on time, didn't downgrade to a lower plan, didn't change your phone number, etc.) for the 181 days, then you also get charged a $250 equipment fee, on top of not getting the $200 in rebates. Basically, walk the tightrope, and don't screw up.
  4.    #4  
    Here is the actual text from my online invoice at BUY.COM ... however .. the rebate form says something different ...

$150 Mail-in Voice & Data Bonus Rebate

For a limited time, receive a $150 Voice & Data Rebate when ordering service on-line from this website, purchase the selected equipment and activate a Verizon Voice Plan $39.99 or higher WITH the $44.99 Unlimited Data Feature in order to qualify for this rebate. Offer not valid for pre-paid service or the the Verizon stand alone $39.99 Unlimited Data Plan. Credit approval and one or two year contract required. Early termination fee may apply. To qualify and redeem the rebate, complete the rebate form, provide a copy of your 2nd wireless bill showing payment in full with no previous balance, and agree to maintain service in good standing for a minimum of 181 days in order to avoid an equipment discount charge back of $250. Void where prohibited. One rebate per activated phone as described above. Your rebate check will be mailed within 10-12 weeks from receipt of your rebate submission as described above.
    yes, it said that on my invoice as well, and then immediately under it it says this:

In addition to this rebate, an equipment purchase discount of $250 has been provided to you in exchange for activating and maintaining a new, non-substitute wireless service mobile number on any commercially published wireless services rate plan for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. Should this number disconnect (permanently or temporarily, except based on the fault of the Wireless Service carrier) from the chosen Wireless carrier, or if the customerís wireless service rate plan is changed to one of a lower service rate plan, within the same time period (181 consecutive days), both this discount and rebate will be null and void and the customer must reimburse this Authorized Carrier Representative $250. The customer herein provides authorization for the $250 to be charged to the customerís credit card without need for further approval; the $250 will only be charged if the monthly service rate is changed to one of a lower monthly service rate or if the wireless phone bill is not paid for 181 consecutive days.
    I guess it doesn't explicitly say that you have to wait until after the 181 days to submit your rebate offer, I just kinda assumed, since one of the stipulations is that you have to have an account in good standing for 181 days. Again, I point you to the article at http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/01/consumers_irked.html
    InPhonic/Wirefly have had a LOT of complaints about vaguely advertised rebates with complicated requirements. I wish us both luck with it all, and I hope I get the $200 back, but I've been in the habit of never counting on a rebated price, and just assuming I'll never get it, since I've had a suspicious amount of rebate submissions "lost" in the mail, or that didn't include the original UPC (strange, it was cut off my box...I doubt I'd have cut it off if I wasn't including it in the rebate submission), etc. Still, the $299 price for this phone before rebates is still better than anywhere else at the moment.

If anyone is interested, the $50 "Customer Appreciation Rebate" states this:
    "Customer Appreciation Rebate

For a limited time, receive this Customer Appreciation when ordering service on-line from this website, purchasing the selected phone and activating a new line of service from the currently selected wireless provider. Offer not valid for pre-paid service. Credit approval and one or two year contract required. Early termination fee may apply. To qualify and redeem the rebate, and to avoid an equipment discount charge back of $250, complete and sign the rebate form, provide copies of your sales receipt, guide to wireless service, a copy of the UPC from the product packaging, and a copy of a wireless bill for this account dated between 150 days and 210 days after activation showing the previous balance paid in full. Claim must be postmarked no earlier than 180 days after activation and no later than 210 days after activation. Void where prohibited. Your rebate check will be mailed within 10-12 weeks from receipt of your rebate submission as described above.

Unless otherwise specified, mail-in rebate form will be included with your phone shipment. This rebate must be returned and postmarked no earlier than 180 days after activation and no later than 210 days after activation. Please allow 10-12 weeks for processing. If you have any questions or are missing your rebate form, please visit the Cellular Store Support page. All equipment serial numbers will be verified as being active on our system prior to rebate being fulfilled.
    I logged into my buy.com account, added the treo 700w at $99, downloaded the rebate forms and saved it. Didnt check out that day because i was still waiting for some internal clearances in my organization about connecting it to our network..

They now say if i buy it today it would cost me $499 not the price it was originally marked at.

So if i buy it today and send my rebate coupons for $400 what happens then?
    Too early to tell. As a rebate expert, I'd say both rebates are valid and clearly stated itself.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  8.    #8  
    Here is the text on the rebate form itself ... it does not say anything about including the 2nd wireless bill and agreeing to stay with verizon for 181 days ... very confusing. Actualy it says your 5th 6th or 7th month bill must be included.

1. Fill out all of the above information. All fields are required. Please print clearly. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be processed.
    2. Read, sign, and date this form.
    3. Include the following information with your rebate form:
    - Copy of the dated sales receipt included with your shipment.
    - Copy of the 12 digit UPC barcode from the product packaging.
    - Your wireless service bill for this account dated between 150-210 days after the activation date shown on your sales receipt.
    Copies or printouts of online bills will be accepted but MUST SHOW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
    - Date of invoice (bill or statement date)
    - Customer name (must match the name on your sales receipt and rebate form)
    - Mobile phone number at time of rebate submission
    - Wireless service account number at time of rebate submission
    - Payment section showing any previous balance paid in full
    . 5. Special Note: Customer must activate a Verizon Voice Plan 39.99 or higher WITH a 44.99 or higher Data Feature in order to qualify for
    this rebate.
    Submit only one rebate claim per envelope. REBATE FORMS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO EARLIER THAN 180 DAYS AFTER THE
    ACTIVATION DATE SHOWN ON YOUR SALES RECEIPT AND NO LATER THAN 210 DAYS AFTER THIS ACTIVATION DATE. Early
    submissions will not be accepted. The rebate processing center is not responsible for late, lost, mutilated, misdirected, or postage due
    requests. Keep copies of all documents for your records.
    4. Submit this form and all required documents to the following address:
    Customer Voice and Data Rebate
    Department - 63245
    P.O. Box 52900
    Phoenix, AZ 85072
    This form will serve as your Rebate Authorization. You will receive a check for the amount of $150.00 within 10-12 weeks of our receipt of your rebate
    request. Checks not cashed within 90 days of issuance will be considered void and not eligible for re-issue. Rebate claims will not be honored for equipment
    purchases which are not paid-in-full within 30 days of order completion.
    Important information about your equipment discount: Your price paid includes an Equipment Discount of $250 that has been provided to you for activating a
    new non-substitute line of service, and maintaining this new line of service with the selected rate plan in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive
    days. If these conditions are not met, you herein provide authorization for a $250 reimbursement to be charged to your credit card without need for further
    approval. This reimbursement of the $250 Equipment Discount will only be charged if this device is transferred to another line of service, or this new line of
    service is disconnected (permanently or temporarily, except based on the fault of the carrier), or if you change your wireless service rate plan to a lower
    monthly service rate, or if the wireless phone bill is not paid during this 181 day period.