1. JiG
    Quick question:

Is it possible to use two BT devices at the same time with a Treo 700w (or any BT phone for that matter)?

e.g. BT headset and a BT GPS device

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yes you can. I use my BT headset all the time while my BT GPS is running.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    This is interesting... Although I can stay connected with my Plantronics 640 while using the iTrek M3, I cannot get any audio to or from the ear set while using the BT GPS. Similarly, while connected with BT to my laptop for ActiveSync, the same thing happens...

Interesting in that I can answer a call by hitting the button on the earset, but only audio through the device can be heard or microphone for that matter. So, when using BT GPS I cannot use my BT Earset on my 700w.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    OT-HOw does the Plantronics 640 work with the 700w? I'll be getting mine next week sometime, and have a 640 I'll be using with it. It works great with the Samsung i730, and hope it does the same with the 700w. It is by far the most comfortable, best headset I've ever used.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I like many features of the 640... size, charging options, featherweight... and it is the only device with multipoint capability I have found. I find the 700 has a very weak BT signal receive / send capability akin to the Treo 650... Palm skimped here with a floating antenna design... compared to the BlackBerry devices the Treos are just weak...

The 640 microphone is very sensitive and picks up too much ambient noise in my opinion... mostly by design since the mic is so far from one's mouth... also it is not a true in-the-ear-canal design, doesn't isolate as well as in-ear-canal devices do, and people close by can hear the other side of the conversation...