Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. JiG
    Hi all --

I'm interested in using my Treo 700w as a GPS navigation device and wondering if anybody had experience doing this. What is your setup and what do you recommend?

I don't think TomTom supports the Treo 700w but I have heard good things about them.

Is CoPilot the only compatible software??
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=251

There's also a complete kit but it's not coming up in the site's search engine. But I posted the link here yesterday, just can't find it now
    I'm running Mapopolis 4.63 on my 700w.
  4. JiG
    what kind of GPS receiver are you using?
    ALK Technologies has CoPilot 6 Live out and a bundle for the Treo 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by JiG
    what kind of GPS receiver are you using?
    I'm using a StarsNav BT-16: http://www.semsons.com/gpblgpsre32c.html.

Semsons also sells BT-GPS bundles which include Tomtom or Mapopolis. Their prices can't be beat, and they also have excellent service.
    I just posted a review of Pharos' Ostia GPS on the Treo 700w. Pharos doesn't officially support the Treo 700w yet. I suspect that they are waiting to get the serial cables ready.

Ostia & Treo 700w

On the 700w, I tried the Nokia GPS and the F-Tech Solar GPS (reviewed on a Treo 650 here)
    Do you know if there is serial cable available for connecting the 700 to the Pharos receiver?
    The Pharso serial cable for the Treo 700w is not available.
    TomTom works well, even though its technically unsupported. I use it a lot and have had no problems. I bought a BT GPS reciever from buygpsnow.com and they have some great deals. I got a refurbished unit with a Star III chipset (don't have model # in front of me) for $50 and it came with a free windshield stand. Way better than Mapolpolis in my opinion!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I am using Copilot and it works great for me out here in California.
    I'm trying out Mapopolis. Has anyone had any success using the Built-In GPS?

Walt
    I'm using a Pharos BT GPS receiver with their Ostia software, and it is working perfectly.

My only complaint is that the standard WM5 menu bar at the bottom takes up too much room, a problem with any program on the 700.
    Has anyone used Streets and Trips 2006 and Pharos 360 Bluetooth with a Treo 700w? I just bought Streets and Trips and the Bluetooth receiver, I am waiting to get the Treo 700w if the Motorola Q does not come out in the next two weeks. I am curious to know how well it all works together.
    There is a long GPS thread in the WM Apps Forum that will let you know many members experiences with several different software options.....

Add GPS, you won't regret it if you travel....
    Quote Originally Posted by Upgrade
    Has anyone used Streets and Trips 2006 and Pharos 360 Bluetooth with a Treo 700w? I just bought Streets and Trips and the Bluetooth receiver, I am waiting to get the Treo 700w if the Motorola Q does not come out in the next two weeks. I am curious to know how well it all works together.
    I use Streets & Trips 2005 with the Earthmate Blue Logger... that program really eats up alot of memory, but it works fine.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Anyone know anything about these GPS recievers???
    Holux GPSlim 236 Bluetooth GPS Receiver SiRF Star III 3
    I see them all over ebay...
    If anyone has good or bad... let me know.

THANKS
    Paul G
    <><
    I use a generic bluetooth gps receiver, and TomTom. They have a new version out that works with WM5, and i love it. The only problem i have, is the lack of POI's (point of interests). I don't think they're updated that often. Other than that, i love it. Easily viewable map, easy navigation while driving, etc.
    Has anyone tried the Globalsat Compact SD502 GPS for Treo 700w? I like the small form factor because it's easier to carry around. If you have, what do you think of it and what software are you using? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I think that the only problem with that is that you have to remove your current SD card and for me thats where my software is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast