Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Paulsg63. I have both the seidio and a generic ebay SiRF Star III. Both work well. The only problem I had, not thinking, I plugged the Seidio directly into the car charger. It fried the receiver. Seidio ask me about it, and they told me it's in the instructions. They are repairing it under warrantee. IMHO, Seido should have made the plug ends different on the car mount to prevent this. Same plugs so close to each other, but different amps, and if you plug the wrong on..receiver is fried.

That;s when I powered the ebay special. Actually works very well. Claims it holds it's charge for up to 18 hours. I haven't tested it to that length, but it does hold the charge a long time. The brand on the ebay special is Interactive-Information.

-camo
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Anyone know if you can use a BT GPS receiver while on the phone via BT headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by gibraltar
    Anyone know if you can use a BT GPS receiver while on the phone via BT headset?
    Yes, I have had both working at the same time.
    I have a Globalsat BR-355 (same as an i.Trek S3) with a y-cable that works fine with my wife's Treo 650, but for the life of me I can't get it to work with the 700. Got TomTom installed properly using jin14's guide here-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=109796--which is excellent. But can't get a signal from the GPS. Using Globalsat's GPSinfo for WM5, THAT doesn't even get a signal, so I don't think TomTom is the problem. I've tried "none" in the GPS settings utility and unchecking the automatic handling, plus any combination of settings in that utility. No love. Does ANYONE have a wired GPS solution working? If so, what are your settings?
    Questions!

1. You cant use software and the internal GPS?
    2. Can A PALM Kit tomtom receiver work with WM5?
    3. you CAN??? use the BT headset at the same time as BT GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus2k1 View Post
    Questions!

1. You cant use software and the internal GPS?
    No. You have to have a seperate GPS device.

2. Can A PALM Kit tomtom receiver work with WM5?
    No. You have to have the WM version. If you have the Palm version and need the same version in WM, contact them and ask. Some companies will give you it to free, others will offer it at a fraction of the cost, others make you pay full price.

3. you CAN??? use the BT headset at the same time as BT GPS?
    In WM, you can use multiple BT devices at the same time. I have used my BT mouse, BT keyboard, BT GPS, and BT headset all at the same time before.
    well for #2 i am just talking about the Receiver not the software, same deal??
    Generally speaking GPS recievers can work with most programs......but I would recommend that you check as there are a few programs that are written to only work with specific recievers and the other way around.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12