Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I didn't jump on that one deal that had the transcend 4gb sd card for something like 207 after a 25 dollar rebate, because, well...I didn't have the disposeable income (had to buy some software...still a bit bitter about that).

Does brand matter to you at all? What price do you feel is right for the 4gb cards to drop to? I definately need a card as I have no space, but I can also wait until they drop to about 180. Then again, who knows.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    that the Treo could only address up to a 2 Gb card

Please advise . . . as I too would like a 4 Gb.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    People from more active treo boards have reported the 700 reading all 4 gigs no sweat.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Cool, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    People from more active treo boards have reported the 700 reading all 4 gigs no sweat.

What? There are more active treo boards than T|C?!!! You mean for the WM Treo 700w? Which ones would that be?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    When they get to the 150 range- I will probably get one. I dont care about brand either.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

i thought i read in the spec sheet that it can do a max of 2 GB only. Or its there in the treo book that i bought.
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7877

06-02-05

"The new cards will Conform to the latest SD v1.1 system specification. They are rated at fast 133X transfer rates (up to read 20MB/s and 18MB/s write). Devices will have to use the SD 1.1 standard in order to operate with the 4GB version, which no Palm OS device yet supports."

For the 700w, the only conformation I have seen was here:

http://www.everythingtreo.com/forum/...html#post14354
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Ah, but the 700 isnt a palm os device. *plot thickens*

I probably read that it can on the pdaphonehome boards. I wish we could all conglomorate so I don't have to check like 4 forums everyday to see if there is ANYTHING new!
    Ah, but the 700 isnt a palm os device. *plot thickens*
    That's why there are two answers, one for the POS and one for the 700w.