Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had posted this previously on the M35 forums http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...c=1&PHPSESSID=

But maybe y'all have some insight...

Treo connects to the car when I turn it on. Then it disconnects for no apparent reason.

If I dial a number from the treo, it connects to the car but 7 out of 10 times there is no audio. If I disconnect the handsfree I can hear the phone dialing on the headset.

I cannot initiate dialing from the M35 at all - phone not connects.

The dealer said this was a known issue and installed and updated bluetooth module. Does not appear to have fixed the problem.

I swapped out for a new phone and the problem still exists. I am beginning to think this is a palm issue.

I have an EarthLink Wireless Treo 650. There are no patches posted for my phone but maybe someone has a better idea? Would installing the sprint update hose me?
  2.    #22  
    I can't speak to the Treo 650 other than to tell you that your "disconnect" symptom has been experienced on the 700w as well. There is no information here that can help you, however since we are concentrating on the Microsoft implementation of the bluetooth stack. Palm implemented bluetooth on the 650.
  3.    #23  
    @All:
    I have a Cingular 8125 coming in for trial. It will be interesting to see if this WM5 device exhibits similar behavior with my car handsfree. If it doesn't, you can be sure I'll be checking all the Bluetooth stack registry settings and posting them here! Hopefully, if its a parameter issue then we'll be able to "graft" the 8125's registry settings into the 700w for a fix.

I'm not holding up much hope here however....
  4.    #24  
    Well, I am now trialing the Cingular 8125. This device works perfectly with my car; it even silences its own ringer when connected so you don't get that distracting double ring. All contacts moved smoothly to the car as well. I hate to say this, but the Cingular device is everything the Treo is not.

I have sent my 700w back to Verizon, but for those of you who are willing to try, here are the bluetooth settings (all DWORD values are decimal) the 8125 has in the keys relevant to Car Handsfree:

HLC/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/AudioGateway

Capability DWORD 37
    NoRoleSwitch DWORD 1
    SupportCLI DWORD 0

HLC/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/l2cap

ConfigTimeout DWORD 120
    ConnectPacketType DWORD 0
    ERTX DWORD 300
    IdleConnect DWORD 10
    IdlePhys DWORD 10
    LinkPolicy DWORD 15
    NoRoleSwitch DWORD 1
    PicoCapable DWORD 0
    RTX DWORD 60
    ScanModeControl DWORD 1

Interesting observations:

The Capabilities value in AudioGateway.
    The ConnectPacketType and LinkPolicy values in l2cap
    Capabilities may cause a stack lockup so use it carefully! If I had my 700w still, I'd set everything above excpet the Capabilities then test. If no change then I'd add the Capabilities setting and test again.

If the settings don't fix anything, then its a Palm HAL issue and we'll just have to wait for a fix from them.

HTH!
    Well that's good and bad news. I got a 700w a few days ago and I'm seeing the same bluetooth issues you were with my 06 330i. The car works flawlessly with an unlocked GSM Treo 650. I'll play a little more, but the 700w may go back if it's not usable with my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth255
    Well, I am now trialing the Cingular 8125. This device works perfectly with my car; it even silences its own ringer when connected so you don't get that distracting double ring. All contacts moved smoothly to the car as well. I hate to say this, but the Cingular device is everything the Treo is not.

I have sent my 700w back to Verizon, but for those of you who are willing to try, here are the bluetooth settings (all DWORD values are decimal) the 8125 has in the keys relevant to Car Handsfree:

HLC/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/AudioGateway

Capability DWORD 37
    NoRoleSwitch DWORD 1
    SupportCLI DWORD 0

HLC/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/l2cap

ConfigTimeout DWORD 120
    ConnectPacketType DWORD 0
    ERTX DWORD 300
    IdleConnect DWORD 10
    IdlePhys DWORD 10
    LinkPolicy DWORD 15
    NoRoleSwitch DWORD 1
    PicoCapable DWORD 0
    RTX DWORD 60
    ScanModeControl DWORD 1

Interesting observations:

The Capabilities value in AudioGateway.
    The ConnectPacketType and LinkPolicy values in l2cap
    Capabilities may cause a stack lockup so use it carefully! If I had my 700w still, I'd set everything above excpet the Capabilities then test. If no change then I'd add the Capabilities setting and test again.

If the settings don't fix anything, then its a Palm HAL issue and we'll just have to wait for a fix from them.

HTH!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12