1.    #1  
    I had to do a hard reset tonight (I didn't believe the warnings that MemMaid hoses Voice Command) - everything got reinstalled ok. but suddenly, when I tried to use a picture as the background on the Today screen (which I was doing before the reset) - it got messed up with a close up of what looks to be the Golden Gate Bridge. And I can't get rid of it or find the file anywhere. I tried to go back to the standard backgrounds but the bridge picture shows up on top of those as well. This is so strange - I can't figure it out at all. Anyone else experience anything like this? I am hoping another hard reset fixes it. What a Pain!!!

Katie
    Question, please. How did and why does MemMaid hose VC? I was going to use both of them together on another device. Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Go to today>items>uncheck "Picture".
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Question, please. How did and why does MemMaid hose VC? I was going to use both of them together on another device. Thanks!
    MemMedia did what I needed to do - which was clean out some residue pieces of programs I was trying to uninstall. - But after I completed that I tried to activate Voice Command. The mic appeared but it did not respond to any of my commands. Beryl had pointed me to this site which listed MemMaid as not working with the 700w -
    http://www.palmfocus.com/treo700wsoftware.php
    but I chose not to believe it - because others said it worked fine. It does, just not with Voice Command. If you just want MemMaid to do one thing and don;t mind hard resetting afterwards - it might be worth it.
    Katie
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciber
    Go to today>items>uncheck "Picture".
    Thanks - after clicking and unclicking a bunch of things I got it to go away - still not sure where the image came from - had never seen it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm
    MemMedia did what I needed to do - which was clean out some residue pieces of programs I was trying to uninstall. - But after I completed that I tried to activate Voice Command. The mic appeared but it did not respond to any of my commands. Beryl had pointed me to this site which listed MemMaid as not working with the 700w -
    http://www.palmfocus.com/treo700wsoftware.php
    but I chose not to believe it - because others said it worked fine. It does, just not with Voice Command. If you just want MemMaid to do one thing and don;t mind hard resetting afterwards - it might be worth it.
    Katie
    So it's only a 700w problem? Interesting if so.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    So it's only a 700w problem? Interesting if so.
    sounds like more of a software incompatibility problem than a problem with the T700. i'm sure many programs are still yet to be "supported" for the device.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    MemMaid worked fine for me on the KJAM but caused several resets on the 700 so I went to the latest version of SKTools which has been fine on the 700. So far it hasn't interfered with anything that I know of.

Frank
    Did you install Voice Command on the K-Jam? Maybe the problem is indeed incompatibility with VC only. Though I have not heard of this on other devices, it makes me not want to install VC on anything else.