Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffey
    Goodlink, while a good push solution, leaves a few things to be desired:

1. - it's a memory hog and can't be installed on a SD card; leaving little room for additional programs on the 650

2. - it uses its own file formats to save contacts / email / tasks / calender entries, which means programs such as Agendus cannot be used as a PIM in conjunction with GL unless you sync them separately

3. - its pretty hard on the battery; I needed to charge my 650 daily to avoid a low battery shutdown

4. - you can't send attachments although you can d/l them - so you need another account if you want to do that.

Overall, it's not a bad PIM but plan on it being your only one if you go with it.

I hope Palm incorporates the MS AS push technolgy rumoreed for the 700w into tech 700p as well and keeps the ability to use the native PIM / email databases and compliant 3rd party applications.
    I've been a Good user for years now (t600, t650 and now t700w) as have many of my colleagues at work.

1) as with any 3rd party app, it's going to require rom space, it's a large and powerful program. not sure you get around that. you can save the backup files on your SD card. i have plenty of space available post installation.

2) this might be true but some may not have to use Agendus.

3) i have to charge my treo nightly. while not as good as a blackberry it's a lot better than some other devices out there (that i have owned) such as a xv6601 or i730.

4) you are absolutely correct but you can send files with ms. outlook that is installed on the device.

not sure how many PIM's many of us need, this one seems to work pretty well. i can't wait for the official release/support for the t700, i'm sure it will run even better than it currently does. works pretty well as it is.

regards
    Screen resolution is a big difference for me. I like watching movies, etc. on my Treo 650 with 320 x 320 resolution and dropping down to the 240 x 240 resolution of the 700w would be a disappointment.
  3.    #23  
    1. Do skype! No Skype is a Huge drawback!
    2. Video Conferencing? (will msft portrait work with it?)
    3. Will Avenu work with it?
    4. Scan r?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    Screen resolution is a big difference for me. I like watching movies, etc. on my Treo 650 with 320 x 320 resolution and dropping down to the 240 x 240 resolution of the 700w would be a disappointment.
    give it a try first as you might be pleasantly surprised.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12