1.    #1  
    :( I have had my TREO 700 for a week and this was not happening when I got it. When you place a call either with the Send Button or screen key, there is a weird, echoing twang noise the instant I hit the button. I am not talking about a system tone when you connect to service. The local Verizon service guy went "Hmm, strange" - and handed the phone back.

Anyone experienced the same? Can I turn it off?? I have turned off all optional system tones I could find, and no go. :confused:

thank you
    Last edited by josport83; 02/05/2006 at 09:10 AM. Reason: don't want any smileys, that's all...
    I have the same sound...

...but I've found that if it's not smoking, burning, or plain dead... VZW folks don't have a clue what to do with it.

I don't even bother going in to the store anymore, unless I'm going to get a replacement.
    I get this also when you hit send. I tested a few units out and they all do it. If yours did not, then you just did not notice it at first.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Normal sound...makes a similar noise when ending a call. Don't fret, just enjoy your Treo.
    I kind of like the sound because you know the call is going through without having to look at the screen.
    look in the WM5 hacks thread, there is a reg edit you can do to get rid of the sound. I did it and it worked great!
  7.    #7  
    Could you please tell me where to find that thread - I searched and could not find it. Much appreciated.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by josport83
    Could you please tell me where to find that thread - I searched and could not find it. Much appreciated.

thanks
    search the thread for "incallfeedback" and it should turn up. it's a fairly recent post