1.    #1  
    I have had the 700 for about 2 weeks and I generally love it and am learning things every day. Today however I feel like I hit a wall. In my Palm days I would download trial versions of software - give them a whirl and then delete them if I wasn't impressed. Well I have done that a little with WM and I seem to be stuck with them forever - Most recent - SPB Finance and Pocket Plus. For some reason I could not install Pocket Plus - I may have downloaded the smartphone version by mistake but the downlaod file is 2MB and I can't find it anywhere to delete it. I actually installed SPB Finance but I found I like Pocket Quicken better. I went to Remove Programs - selected SPB Finance and was told that it could not be removed completey but did I want it removed from the Program list. Well it still shows up on the list of programs but is no longer on Remove Files and there are 3 MBs of stuff hanging out somewhere on my phone. I can see them if I do a search but I can't seem to do anything with those files on the search results screen.

I have searched every folder on the phone - found some files and deleted them but I certainly hav e not found the mother lode.

Can anyone help me locate and remove these unneeded applications?
    Do I have to buy a new application to do this?

Thanks

-Katie
    Careful with MemMaid. I use it too but fortunately I don't use VC. I'll have to do a hard reset if I ever decide to.

http://www.palmfocus.com/treo700wsoftware.php

Search on Pocket Mechanic as well. I think I read something unpleasant about it on the 700w as well.

You might want to do a search on your registry for anything that looks like residue.
    Is there a native way to fully remove these applications without downloading another software? I'm having the same problem that was described in the first posting.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    For programs such as today screen plug-ins (WisBar, etc) this method has always worked for me: Go to Start>Settings>Today and UN-check the program you want to uninstall so it won't automatically start when you soft reset. Next, soft rest the phone and THEN go to Remove Programs and select the program. After removal soft reset again.

Most times that you get the "cannot remove completely" message it's because some instance of the program is running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Careful with MemMaid. I use it too but fortunately I don't use VC. I'll have to do a hard reset if I ever decide to.

http://www.palmfocus.com/treo700wsoftware.php

Search on Pocket Mechanic as well. I think I read something unpleasant about it on the 700w as well.

You might want to do a search on your registry for anything that looks like residue.
    Hello Beryl,
    This conflict between MemMaid and VC has been fixed in one of the latest releases.
    Make sure you have 1.6 (The latest version).