1.    #1  
    [FONT=Courier New]I am sorry... I have been a PALM user since inception, and most recently a treo 650 user.
    I thought that I would jump ship from Cingular and take advantage of Verizon's "broadband" access with the 700W. That's where the love affair ended...
    The 700w and WM5 has been nothing but a Pain in my **** and a complete waste of hours trying sync this thing with simple 3rd party programs.

most recently... try to sync Microsoft"s own desktop Money program with their Own Pocket PC version on their own PPC operating system! Can't be done! Nice job MS There goes a valuable use of the PDA/Phone probably required by 50 percent of the users of the Treo 700.

the phone voice and sound volume is a plus over the 650, I give you that.

ANYONE who thinks that the WM5 is even remotely close to ease of use, speed, application acceptance from 3rd parties, screen resolution (esp outdoors), memory management, etc is out of their minds or completely blind.

I can sync my Palm 10 times in the time i sync once with the 700W no exageration.

I am returning my T700 in favor of Palm operating system at least until MS gets even remotely close to competeing in the PDA field.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing.
    Well, I had the completely opposite experience since using Palms since the Pilot. The 700 has worked better out of the box than any palm I've used since the 505. Syncing definitely takes longer with WM, but it works, which is more than I could say for my last palm T5. It's a new os, you have to give them time to integrate everything...or would you have prefered to wait another six months?

I find wm much much easier to use than palm os.

WM has much better pim integration than palm ever has. palm's pim is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    Well, I had the completely opposite experience since using Palms since the Pilot. The 700 has worked better out of the box than any palm I've used since the 505. Syncing definitely takes longer with WM, but it works, which is more than I could say for my last palm T5. It's a new os, you have to give them time to integrate everything...or would you have prefered to wait another six months?

I find wm much much easier to use than palm os.

WM has much better pim integration than palm ever has. palm's pim is a joke.

As a new 700w owner, longtime Palm user (also have a 650) and having used WinCE since 1.0 my experience has been taht AS is far worse than HotSync - my AS install just decided not to synch my phone - it recognizes it and I can explore my phone, but the Contact / Notes / etc all fail to sync; this is on top of the failure to properly bind the protocals during install so TCP/IP worked.

WM vs POS is mostly a matter of tatste - I like POS simplicity but WM's multitasking. Now if the rumorerd 800p were true...