Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    WOW! Symbion OS get DirectPush before Windows Mobile???? Now I have seen everything! Hopefully DataViz will release it for WM before M$ does!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    As quoted: "The benefit for enterprises is there's no extra middleware to set up and no extra fees around the middleware or a [network operations center]," said Rob Hoxie, director of business development for DataViz (Profile, Products, Articles). With RoadSync, an enterprise must license software for the user device but if the company is already using Exchange 2003, the enterprise doesn't have to buy and manage an additional server or pay for the use of a hosted push e-mail service."

This is great news. Now more phones means more people wanting Exchange Server. Bingo. . . MS executes its gameplan to perfection!!! Now, keep in mind that with RoadSync there is a LICENSE fee, just like BB and Good.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    This is so rediculous, how long do we have to wait for something that should have been shipped with the Treo?
    Next they will tell us we have to wait for WM 2006 and Exchange 12!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhferry
    This is so rediculous, how long do we have to wait for something that should have been shipped with the Treo?
    Next they will tell us we have to wait for WM 2006 and Exchange 12!
    FWIW, it may not be Palm holding things up. Verizon has to test and certify the new ROM as well as put the support system in place to distribute it to the user community.
    Good news to report! We finally have a true push mail solution (not for Exchange though) for the 700!

I received and tested the latest office2go client beta and it DOES work with the treo 700w from Verizon! Mail was pushed to the device from my office2go account. There was no need for the always on connection hack, the client stayed connected to the server even when the phone was in "dormant" mode. If a message arrived, the phone woke up, screen turned on, played a sound, vibrated, and a PUSH MAIL icon appeared on the bar at the top. Mail arrived within a few seconds of hitting the server. NO SMS trigger was required. I was able to send mail and delete mail from the server all without any problem. I was also able to wirelessly sync contacts, notes, and tasks to my office2go account! Think of it like an alternative to Exchange but for personal use. It has a very similar web interface to Outlook as well.

I am expecting another beta update tomorrow for further testing and if I don't have any problems, I will ask them to post this version of the client for download on their site. At that point I could recommend it for use.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HalM
    FWIW, it may not be Palm holding things up. Verizon has to test and certify the new ROM as well as put the support system in place to distribute it to the user community.
    Yes, right now it is VZW that is holding things up...if you are a large corp. customer and want to beta MSFP then PM me and I will forward a contact who can MAYBE help you out.
    I'm in a Verizon presentation as I write this. They are saying March/April for the MSFP patch.

They also pretty much said that the new 700p would have BB connect.

I've gotta check w/DataViz on the upcoming wireless Inbox2Go with AUTDv2.0... think about that one: how about a TX getting push email through a bluetooth connection!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth255
    I'm in a Verizon presentation as I write this. They are saying March/April for the MSFP patch.

They also pretty much said that the new 700p would have BB connect.

I've gotta check w/DataViz on the upcoming wireless Inbox2Go with AUTDv2.0... think about that one: how about a TX getting push email through a bluetooth connection!
    is the 700p on the VERIZON , not sprint, and if so when?
    how much memory?
    Any release date?
    Ok, Sprint is presenting now. The guy just answered my question: The 700p will be available in Q2 and will have BB connect on the CD! They will have the 700w in July and it will be released with the MSFP.
    @athreya: I'll get the Verizon 700p answer for you tonight when we meet for dinner. Nobody appears to have an exclusive on the 700p it would seem.

Anybody got anything for Sprint while I'm asking questions?
    btw: I'm using my 700w with PIE and a think-outside BT keyboard. This combo rocks on EV-DO!
  12.    #52  
    btw: I'm using my 700w with PIE and a think-outside BT keyboard. This combo rocks on EV-DO!
    1. Whats PIE?
    2. Will Sprint allow roaming free on verizon evdo network wherever they dont have a presence yet?
    3. wifi?
    4. Memory?
    5.VOIP?
    PIE: Pocket Internet Explorer.

The sprint guy said pretty much "in your dreams" when I asked about EV-DO roaming onto Verizon and vice versa. They're trying to bury each other you see....

He doesn't have hardware specs on the 700p.
  14.    #54  
    PIE: Pocket Internet Explorer.

The sprint guy said pretty much "in your dreams" when I asked about EV-DO roaming onto Verizon and vice versa. They're trying to bury each other you see....

He doesn't have hardware specs on the 700p.
    thanks! perhaps one to one he will give you more info? Whats PIE btw?
    ok, verizon has confirmed that they will release the 700p in Q2/early Q3. it will not come with bb connect, however...
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    thanks! perhaps one to one he will give you more info? Whats PIE btw?
    PIE = Pocket Internet Explorer
  17.    #57  
    thanks. anything new on the office2go proposed new download? has anyone tried it?

i thought 700p will have BB connect?
    Sprint's release of the 700p will. Verizon's won't.
    The AUTD SMS feature (exchange activesync) seems to be working fine on my 700W (with VZW 2000 SMS allowance), except for the following problems:

1. Emails pop up instantly, but I don't always get an audible notification. When I am set up to check every 5 minutes, I get a notification every time.

2. This problem I also have with regular exchange activesync - how can I get my Treo to disconnect between syncs? I would rather conserve battery power when I am not synching, but it stays connected to EVDO after it synchs. This is not very efficient. I've looked for a setting that might control this and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,
    Kris
    I'm getting 2-3 days between charges with SMS AUTD running and moderate use. Is this what you're seeing?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast