1.    #1  
    Voice Command won't talk to me through my Bluetooth headset; it continues to use the Treo speaker even though the calls it dials for me do go through the headset. A setting, or does it have to be that way?

BTW, if you haven't activated Voice Command, give it a try. It's great fun to say things like "What's my next appointment?" and actually get an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    Voice Command won't talk to me through my Bluetooth headset; it continues to use the Treo speaker even though the calls it dials for me do go through the headset. A setting, or does it have to be that way?

BTW, if you haven't activated Voice Command, give it a try. It's great fun to say things like "What's my next appointment?" and actually get an answer.
    woulodnt you rather just look at your screen or can you do this even when you are say surfing? or on some other app?

Which BT headset are you using? r u saying voice command does NOT work with BT headset?
    Unfortunately, voice Command currently is not Bluetooth compatible. You'll have to use the handset or a headset which is plugged into the bottom of the Treo until (hopefully) there is a patch/update.

There has been a decent amount of discussion on this forum and others regarding this issue and for further information and updates as they come along, your best bet is to find one of the older threads using the search tool.

-Chris
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Chris....I know there has been discussion, but the existing threads are somewhat ambiguous, with at least two people claiming it works for them on specific Bluetooth headsets. Apparently they are (somehow) mistaken or confused.

As for "wouldn't you rather just look at your screen?": Yes, but every time I do that while driving I crash into something, and I just hate when that happens.
    Bluetooth VC won't work on the Treo. You can use the wired headset to initiate and conduct Voice Command interactions hands free.
    Other people are pulling it off on other WM5 devices with the same MS bluetooth stack, so there must be a way to get it working on the 700.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I certainly hope so. I plan on moving from the Samsung i730, which does BT voice dialing no problem, to the 700w. I use this feature all the time when I'm in the car, and would hate to loose it. Someone, anyone, get this working!
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciber
    Other people are pulling it off on other WM5 devices with the same MS bluetooth stack, so there must be a way to get it working on the 700.

The TREO is missing a subset of hardware to enable BT to instantiate calls via Voice Command.

Hack away my friend but I have on extremely good intel that the TREO is missing this critical component - yet another 'design decision' I guess.....
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm no expert in the BT hardware field, but I don't get how it could be lacking some hardware that would limit BT voice dialing. It seems like if it has BT and supports the headset profile, it could support voice dialing. Like I said, I'm no expert in this field though.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...03/524289.aspx

See above. This is a software limitation with WM5's design of the voice command feature.

Chris Green
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    There has been discussion on other sites about a fix by Palm or MS later this year.