1.    #1  
    Question: Does PdaNet use data or air minutes?

After I reset call timers and data usage logs on my phone... connected pdaNet and tested too see which one log'd.. Shockingly My call timer goes up and my data log remains at 0. I also get the "Call in progress" message on my Today screen as I type this. Anyone else confirm this? From what I see, actually air time instead of data is being used for pdanet.
    I'm not sure how it works with the 700w, but I can tell you that I have a 650 with unlimited data plan & have never incurred any additional charges when I used DUN through PDANet.
    This is kind of late but I noticed that also. I was connected for about 2 hours and my call time states 2 hours and data doesn't say anything. I think Verizon sees it as call time instead of data.
    Did you dial #DATA before and after and check usage?

I've used my K7135 (DUN), Treo600 (PDANet), XV6600 (wModem), and now 700w (PDANet) and never got charged any minutes once unlimited data was turned on.

(Edited for clarity.)
    Last edited by Beryl; 02/21/2006 at 10:42 PM.
  5.    #5  
    wmodem on the 6700 is only charging to data tho
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Well this is something that we definitely need to get worked out. I have unlimited data, and want it to be using that instead of my minutes. Can anyone say for certain that the 700w tethered via PDANet is using minutes or data? I personally haven't been keeping track, but I'll start checking tomorrow.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    smeg,
    you do need to be comfortable but there are many of us who are not needing any more confirmation. We know that only data is being used.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Thanks for the assurance. I'll monitor it for a coule days to be certain, but I don't see how it would use minutes for high speed data when it requires an EVDO connection (clearly a data connection).
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Set up your online Verizon account and check your usage there. Minutes are posted within a few hours, although it takes longer for data to post. A two-hour minute log would be very noticeable.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.