Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought I was somewhat bright...The 700W has proven me wrong !! I have read many of these posts....There is soooo much info...I think it's overload..for me. I am interested in a finding someone who knows this product inside and out..who can educate me over the phone...with a variety of knowledge concerning hardware,software,troubleshooting.
    I am willing to pay for this knowledge.....
    Gex and Beryl are 2 that come to mind.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    go to the speeddial icon for voicmail, hold it down and edit.
    click on the advanced tab
    check "dial extra digits"
    at the top of the screen, enter your password and dont forget to put the number sign at the end.
    that's it!
    when you dial voicemail, your password will automatically be entered!!

this is an awsome tip in my humble opinion!!

shawn
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at the top of the screen, enter your password and dont forget to put the number sign at the end.
    that's it!

shawn
    Just be sure to keep your phone with you at all times if you use this option, for some busybody can hear your voicemails if they get hold of your phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Lady Treo, is that you? You are a pretty young lady. You single?
    I wondered when that ^^^^^^^ would happen!
    Palm 700w
    I'm a newbie to smartphones and the like, so be nice!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I wondered also. I wonder if its an avatar? We should all do that. It would make it more personable.
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Don't worry about sending the extra digits for VM if you lock your phone.
    I do.

tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleycatttttt
    I thought I was somewhat bright...The 700W has proven me wrong !! I have read many of these posts....There is soooo much info...I think it's overload..for me. I am interested in a finding someone who knows this product inside and out..who can educate me over the phone...with a variety of knowledge concerning hardware,software,troubleshooting.
    I know everything.

But you can't afford me.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's it!

shawn
    I think you meant to say don't forget to put number sign at the begining
    he has written an entirely new code in his wm5 registry hack thread! 10 cheers to him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleycatttttt
    Your best bet is probably to just ask whatever questions you have here in this forum. It's free and everyone seems more than willing to help each other out with little delay. But the three people already mentioned in this thread do seem to be among the most active/knowledgeable on this site.

-Chris
    Last edited by ChrisD; 02/02/2006 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzin
    I think you meant to say don't forget to put number sign at the begining
    no it is at the end.
    the voicemail asks for a four to six digit number as your password then enter pound. thus the number sign goes on the END.
    the way i get into voicemail is to call it, push # to get to the 'Please enter your password prompt' then enter my password without another # sign at the end.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Hey just found out a new feature tonight while playing with my device at a local WM user group...

(sure, it probably mentioned in the manual but I havenít gotten past the first couple of pages yet )

OK, on the Today screen you have the "Type a name or number" bar. They call it the Lookup Field. Well, it turns out you can hide it but still have all its functionality when needed.

Nice to have the extra screen space.

To try it out: While on the today screen hit Menu > Preferences > Hide Lookup Field
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Hey just found out a new feature tonight while playing with my device at a local WM user group...

(sure, it probably mentioned in the manual but I havenít gotten past the first couple of pages yet )

OK, on the Today screen you have the "Type a name or number" bar. They call it the Lookup Field. Well, it turns out you can hide it but still have all its functionality when needed.

Nice to have the extra screen space.

To try it out: While on the today screen hit Menu > Preferences > Hide Lookup Field
    what i noticed is that if you use the lookup while it's hidden, it comes back and stays, but the check mark next to hide lookup field stays checked. i wonder if it goes away after a preset amount of time.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    what i noticed is that if you use the lookup while it's hidden, it comes back and stays, but the check mark next to hide lookup field stays checked. i wonder if it goes away after a preset amount of time.
    Using the d-pad; press the down button to take the focus off of the lookup field. It will disappear again once it loses focus.

-Chris
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast