1.    #1  
    This morning I had the honor to talk with a senior tech at Palm to help me understand how a specific feature worked on the Treo. We were talking about the upcomming Microsoft feature pack that allows Exchange to push email to the Treo and during the conversation he said that they are currently working on an update to the Treo 700.

He did not give me any clue as to what the update would fix but he did say that the update had an original ship date of March however they have since pushed that update back and right now it does not have an ETA.

He also mentioned that the Microsoft Exchange pack was still in the works with an ETA of shipping this year. He said it was their most requested feature esp since Microsoft is advertising everywhere. He did say it would be a while before it shipped and might not be part of the update.

Not the BEST news, but it is news....
    Last edited by wwilson; 02/01/2006 at 12:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwilson
    This morning I had the honor to talk with a senior tech at Palm to help me understand how a specific feature worked on the Treo. We were talking about the upcomming Microsoft feature pack that allows Exchange to push email to the Treo and during the conversation he said that they are currently working on an update to the Treo 700.

He did not give me any clue as to what the update would fix but he did say that the update had an original ship date of March however they have since pushed that update back and right now it does not have an ETA.

He also mentioned that the Microsoft Exchange pack was still in the works with an ETA of shipping this year. He said it was their most requested feature esp since Microsoft is advertising everywhere. He did say it would be a while before it shipped and might not be part of the update.

Not the BEST news, but it is news....
    i don't know if this is related but their both making an announcement today:

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4864.html
  3.    #3  
    I would be curious what they would talk about during this event. I will have to listen in and see what they say.

Maybe the tech was just stalling....but why would someone do that?
    Palm really cannot afford to drag their feet on the A2 upgrade, and hopefully they will remove some of the crap out of RAM that we don't need preloaded.
    Ok, so I just found out about it... is there any way to watch it now that it's over?
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    update the thread title:

Treo 700w firmware update info (no news)
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Is there any way we can give our opinions to the developers?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    There is another one (same topic) tomorrow!
    i read the transcipt on pdaphone home, they said 6 month timeframe for firmware upgrade, exchange push...
    Quote Originally Posted by larrysilver
    i read the transcipt on pdaphone home, they said 6 month timeframe for firmware upgrade, exchange push...
    ..that sucks. 44 days left on my goodlink eval
    By the time its out they will be the last ones to get it done. Thanks Palm, way to go.
    Can anyone help. I have a 4GB SDHC and a treo 700wx. They dont like to comunicate with eachother. I have all the updates proveded by sprint and palm but I still cant use my card in my treo. If anyone can help me please email me @ ClevelandWheeler@aol.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
    Can anyone help. I have a 4GB SDHC and a treo 700wx. They dont like to comunicate with eachother. I have all the updates proveded by sprint and palm but I still cant use my card in my treo. If anyone can help me please email me @ ClevelandWheeler@aol.com
    I think you posted this to the wrong thread. In any reagrd, from reading other post, it appears SDHC cards do not work in a 700wx. There are at least two other threads on this, here's a link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151746