Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone?

I have tried several, but on the today screen, my 5 way passes the plugin by and I have to use the stylus to select the plugin.
    I don't have a 700W yet, but I've had a PPC for a long time and I'm not aware of any weather pluggins that can be controlled with the navigation button.
  3.    #3  
    but should the nav button allow me to select the plugin?
    I'm sorry, I'm confused. Select the plugin for what? The two that I'm most familiar with Journal Bar and Weather Panel, have no d-pad navigation, only buttons to tap to scroll the data or to switch to a different view within the plugin.
    Fizz Weather and Fizz Traveler works with WM5 and the 700w. It also supports square screen. It is the 2nd program I install

www.fizzsoftware.com
    Pocket Weather works with the 240 x 240 screen. Love it.
    I went to download Fizz Weather, based on the recommendation above, and found the following message on their site:
    "PLEASE NOTE : Downloads are for Window Mobile 2003"
    Are we sure this works on the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    I went to download Fizz Weather, based on the recommendation above, and found the following message on their site:
    "PLEASE NOTE : Downloads are for Window Mobile 2003"
    Are we sure this works on the Treo?
    Grab Fizz Traveler from the downloads section. That one specifically states Square Screen and I know for a fact that it works on the Treo.

The Fizz Weather homepage does list WM5 as a supported platform but I don't see anything about Square Screen support.

Install it on your SD card and after you install go to Start > Programs an run Fizz. If you have any questions, PM me or post here and I will try to answer. Fizz weather is incorporated into Fizz Traveler and the alarms on FT are much better then standard WM5

-Mashie
    I installed Fiz traveler. First of all I don't think it supports square screen since the bottom of it always seems to be cut off. Also, the plugin for the today screen that they say installs when you install the regular software did not install with mine. I do not have a choice for it in my today options.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimented
    I installed Fiz traveler. First of all I don't think it supports square screen since the bottom of it always seems to be cut off. Also, the plugin for the today screen that they say installs when you install the regular software did not install with mine. I do not have a choice for it in my today options.
    First off, make sure yo install the proper version, 2.2 It 100% supports square screen with zero cut off.

Secondly, to enable the today plugin, go to Start > programs > Fizz Traveler and run the program for the first time, here select trial, then use the settings to select what cities you want weather monitored (you can select up to 6). After you exit the program, the today screen will be enabled and you can not select it where you do the rest of your today plugins...
  11.    #11  
    i have installed it. great recommendations
    Nevermind... Weather 2 Go doesn't work well at all.
    Last edited by JesseNYC; 02/01/2006 at 04:02 PM.
    Sorry for the slight hijack--is it just because I'm from Seattle (where the weather is always rain) that I'd much prefer a traffic plugin to a weather plugin? There are so many weather plugins, not a single traffic one (yet several different traffic apps, but by the time you load and pull the data, you've already chosen the wrong route).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I tried alot of them but this one is the best:

http://marsware.net/WeatherPanel/download.htm

some of the secondary screens dont fit too well on the 700w. but the compact mode on the today screeen looks awesome.
    Make sure you get the animated icons too. very cool.

theres forums and tons of options for it as well
    My problem with PocketWeather is that it manages to cripple Internet Explorer, even if it's the only application I install after a hard reset.

Jim H.
    I agree on the Weather Panel from Marsware....clearly its not 100% with the 240x240 screen, but as CJC2K said, its fantastic on the today screen under the compact mode...its proudly on my 700W.....I plan to email marsware to ask them to make there next update 240x240 compatable.....lets all do it

Isaac
    My registered version of WeatherPanel didn't install on my 700w. Support for that product stopped months ago but there are people who discuss it on the forum. I doubt you'll see a 240X240 update.

I hadn't noticed the PIE problem with PocketWeather but now I'm concerned. I may just give up on weather plugins and just pull the weather from PIE.
  18.    #18  
    well - i tried them all and the only one that works is NOT fizzweather but FIZZTRAVELER. It allows for scrolling on the today screen. It is not as good as the marsware software but it is functional on the today screen.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I use WorldMate on my Treo 700. It is completely compatible and includes a great weather plugin that displays current/forecast weather and 3 different timezones. It also updates weather AUTOMATICALLY which I have found that some do not. I like it.
    I am using SPB Weather and it runs great as a today plugin. It doesn't give as much information as some of the other programs that I have seen but it meets my needs.

Neil
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast