Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok.. I've dug through Fizz for 10 minutes now and can't find a way to get it to show real temperature units. Anyone know how to turn on Ferenheit?

Chris Green
    I had to remove the WorldMate trial for WM 5, it sometimes would freeze up taking it out of sleep mode. It would also not let me unlock the keypad! Is there ever going to be a program that runs on this 700?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGreenTX
    Ok.. I've dug through Fizz for 10 minutes now and can't find a way to get it to show real temperature units. Anyone know how to turn on Ferenheit?

Chris Green
    open the program and goto View > Weather From there goto Options > Farenheit.
    i just got FIZZ TRAVELER. Great program. Don't get confused. Download the POCKET PC version not the SMARTPHONE version. The pocket pc version supports the square screen. Seems to be exactly what i wanted. Thanks guys!
    i had all kinds of issues with fizz traveler. It was also very slow I gave up on it unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGreenTX
    i had all kinds of issues with fizz traveler. It was also very slow I gave up on it unfortunately.
    i do see what you mean, but i am not one to judge too much on speed. It isn't at all that slow on my phone, but i understand how you can feel that way.
    After hijacking the thread earlier and asking why would someone want this, now I'm a fan. Downloaded weather panel using the mini for my today screen (see attachment), but also loaded the VGA theme here:

http://wiki.marsware.net/index.php?t...atherBox_Finis

and then the finis 240 theme here (scroll down):

http://wiki.marsware.net/index.php?t...ox_Experiments

The today screen plugin updates every 30 minutes and when I click on it (alas need the stylus, doesn't support 5-way), I can get working app too that fits our screen size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    what today plugin is that abover your weather?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I use latest SBSH PocketWeather and PocketBreeze as the only items on the Today screen. PW updates on schedule and PB refreshes very fast. Product support through SBSH forums is first rate.

WorldMate Pro never worked properly for me and also kept losing my Flight tokens so I canned it last year. WeatherPanel worked fine except the auto updates were iffy at times. SPB Weather was also OK but I think PW is better.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2oo3
    what today plugin is that abover your weather?
    It's the one that comes with Resco Explorer. I have to watch that memory bar like a hawk compared to battery level, but it sure helps not having to hold down OK to see the state of program memory.
    So are any of these weather applications "safe" on the 700w? With the memory shortages on the program as is, I am concerned about making the 700w unstable with 3rd party software running on the today screen.

I do want a weather app though but Treo stability is 1st priority.
    I use FIZZ TRAVELER and it works wonderfully!
    I should have rephrased that, I am looking for a today screen weather application that wont render the 700w useless.
    Im using spb, i find it to be fine works great, not much lag
    I've compared my program memory levels with the Weather Panel today program both on and off and can't tell any difference. Memory usage bumps up by a few percent when it initiates an internet connection to download updated data, but then drops again, it doesn't seem to leak the way the OS does. When I do a soft reset, having the plugin on makes it take a bit longer to get fully operational, but once fully booted, I don't see it causing any performance or stability problems.
    I'm thinking about making my own web page with all the weather info I need on. In addition to having other important links I might want. I may start a new thread seeking help on making my own weather web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    I'm thinking about making my own web page with all the weather info I need on. In addition to having other important links I might want. I may start a new thread seeking help on making my own weather web page.
    Try this http://www.pdaportal.com

You can personalize it. I use it as my mobile homepage and have customized the links and have a web based popmail account linked also.

Pretty decent site.

Also yahoo has wap weather and you can set location via cookies.

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/raw?dp=weather
    Folks - I've tried SPBWeather and Marsware. Both nice programs, but both made my T700 incredibly unstable. Lockups, freezes of all sorts, most requiring reset were a 10 times a day occurance with either of these programs running. Once removed, I'm back to normal. Haven't yet tried the Fizz Software program.
    I just installed FIZZ TRAVELER on my 700. It's awesome! I haven't noticed any lag at all...
    weather.com that is an option on the default PIE home page works well enough if you have cookies saved.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast