Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://cestockblog.com/article/6347

They say as soon as the end of February. I plan on waiting for the 700p but knew this would interest lots of us.
  2.    #2  
    damnit, won't let me edit the extra 0 out of the subject line.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Wow, no comments?? That's pretty big news. (and exciting news too for us Sprint folks)
    I'm in denial.

It will be a 700P that is released!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I'm in denial.

It will be a 700P that is released!

700p is coming on Sprint in Q2. But the issue is Sprint coverage SUCKS! And theres going to be no 700p for Verizon. Im confirming that to you
    Interesting... still gotta hold out for a GSM 700w first
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    700p is coming on Sprint in Q2. But the issue is Sprint coverage SUCKS! And theres going to be no 700p for Verizon. Im confirming that to you
    Maybe where you live it sucks... Why would Sprint (or any carrier) release 2 Treo models back to back where the only real difference is the OS? Not that I wouldn't want to see a Treo running a new version of Palm OS or anything, I just don't see how that could possibly make any sense. But, I've certainly been wrong before.
    I'm very pleased with my Sprint coverage.
    I have to travel to small towns all over the country and I have had Sprint for the past 8 years and have yet to be somewhere where I didn't have decent reception.
    8 years and never had a problem? You were extremely fortunate. I'd thought you'd say that the reception improved over the last few years but you got consistent reception in the larger cities. I had SPCS a couple of years 2000-2001 and got sketchy reception along I-25 from Denver to Ft. Collins. Little/no reception between Vegas and Los Angeles, and pretty bad service outside of the Twin Cities.
    I'm there in a big way the day this happens. I had almost switched to verizon this last week to get the 700, now I will wait.

I too have been on Sprint about seven years or so, and have never had a problem with reception to speak of. That includes travel to big cities and small towns alike. Sure there have been a a very few isolated parts of the country where I have briefly roamed on the Verizon network, but I can recall only three times.

I wonder if the Blackberry network gets shut down or otherwise hampered legally if the is going to a run on Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    I have to travel to small towns all over the country and I have had Sprint for the past 8 years and have yet to be somewhere where I didn't have decent reception.
    yeah.just come to large towns like DC, where it barely works. i know of some sprint executives here who you use other carrier backup phones
  13.    #13  
    yeah.just come to large towns like DC, where it barely works. i know of some sprint executives here who you use other carrier backup phones
    Not sure how this got hijacked to a sprint discussion, but I live in Arlington and have great reception. The only place I've had problems is on the metro and even then you can just roam on VZ
    Sprint works fine if you are walking or driving on the streets of DC. Even down on the Metro or Northern Virginia. However, do no attempt to make a call from inside a building. I am lucky to get 1 bar in almost any building.

BTT...Yep, there is another thread about the 800P.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Sprint works fine if you are walking or driving on the streets of DC. Even down on the Metro or Northern Virginia. However, do no attempt to make a call from inside a building. I am lucky to get 1 bar in almost any building.
    I'm sitting in my office in NW, near the new Convention Center, and have 3 bars on my Sprint 650. I can even make and maintain calls in the elevators here. I only get one bar in the bathroom, but that's still enough to get a call or check email.

In a building a few blocks away, where I used to work, I could even get a signal in the top level of the underground garage.

I can't recall ever losing the signal on my 650 while driving in the metro area, except in tunnels. I was at a party for the Redskins / Seahawks game a couple of weeks ago. We were in the basement of a house in Northern VA which sits at the bottom of a steep driveway. The guy with a GSM Treo kept losing his connection, and the host's Verizon phone doesn't work in his basement at all. I got one bar, consistently, and had no problem making a call out. (In fairness, my son's Nokia Sprint phone could not get a signal there.)

The Oak Hill Post Office, in Herndon, VA is about the only place I lose the signal completely. I'm very happy with Sprint's service in DC.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 02/01/2006 at 09:55 PM. Reason: corrected end quote tag
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'm sitting in my office in NW, near the new Convention Center, and have 3 bars on my Sprint 650. I can even make and maintain calls in the elevators here. I only get one bar in the bathroom, but that's still enough to get a call or check email.

In a building a few blocks away, where I used to work, I could even get a signal in the top level of the underground garage.

I can't recall ever losing the signal on my 650 while driving in the metro area, except in tunnels. I was at a party for the Redskins / Seahawks game a couple of weeks ago. We were in the basement of a house in Northern VA which sits at the bottom of a steep driveway. The guy with a GSM Treo kept losing his connection, and the host's Verizon phone doesn't work in his basement at all. I got one bar, consistently, and had no problem making a call out. (In fairness, my son's Nokia Sprint phone could not get a signal there.)

The Oak Hill Post Office, in Herndon, VA is about the only place I lose the signal completely. I'm very happy with Sprint's service in DC.
    That is great to know. I visited various Fed. Gov. bldgs last year and the reception was poor inside. But I just went downstairs to talk. It gave me a break. I will try around again. That was the only issue I had with Sprint since I have been with them in this area...1999.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I need the GSM version whether it is a "P" or
    "W".
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Funny to see all the DC Metro folks on here. I go to Howard in NW and folks with Sprint seem to do the best next to godly VZW DC service. I get 5 bars in the subway on VZW though, why I'm so hesitant to switch from VZW to anything else.

What ever happened to that contract between vzw and palm for the 6 months of exclusivity? Anyways, i believe this will cause me to wait til the end of my contract in june to see what my opinions are then.
  19.    #19  
    Another view from a street analyst who thinks its more likely on VZ and in April.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/01/pal...rtner=yahootix

I don't know who is right or wrong but it sure is nice that the speculation is picking up steam, where there's smoke....
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    Another view from a street analyst who thinks its more likely on VZ and in April.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/01/pal...rtner=yahootix

I don't know who is right or wrong but it sure is nice that the speculation is picking up steam, where there's smoke....
    The forbes writer must be a member of T/C. He is reading too much on Perry's rumor here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast