Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hello,

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to have telephone numbers in my calendar or calendar notes and I can click on it and the Treo 700w will dial that number.
    Thanks,

plucas
    I have a BB and I am looking at other phones to jump ship if BB goes down the drain soon. You can click on numbers and emails in text, online, anywhere and call or email. I assumed these other PDA phones could do this as well. No one has responded to this question. Which is making me ask. Can you not dail or email from text?
    the only workaround that im aware of is to hold down the stylus and copy the number into the dial pad, but even then you have to go back in to calendar and memorize the pin number if you are doing this with a lot of concall calendar entries. not ideal, but still lookiing. thats the one thing BB did so very well.

EE
    Windows PDA's don't do this. You can do this in certain emails and in most web pages. You can't do it in the calendar or tasks. This type of functionality isn't that great in windows Mobile. However, it offers a lot of other things that other OS's cannot do. You lose some things and you gain some things. Overall, this phone is one of the better PDA's that I've ever had. The Blackberry is a better communicating tool (email) but the Treo is better overall and not too far behind the blackberry with email. Push email will make it even better once that happens.
    Thats sad to learn. It didn't even come to mind that this function would be missing. I am used to the jog dial so copying and pasting would be a huge pain in the ****. Maybe not so hard on a touch screen and five way.

What about the 650 can it dial and email from text? Can anything other then the BB?
    Too bad... I wish there was a TreoSelectText type app for WM that did this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I saw this question on another forum and offered my ideas there
    There really is no good solution, however.
    Yes, the 650 can do it, but it's crazy unstable and ocasionally some instances of this happens on webpages and email. It happens very infrequently though. It's about as good as your blackberry doing it. The stability compared to your blackberry will be way more of an issue. I've had my 700 for about 3 weeks but it's much more stable than my 650. My blackberry is even more stable. Try out the 700, you'll get more features than you have with your BB but you'll lose a few.
    Last edited by xp80; 01/30/2006 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling