Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I LOVE verichat .. this is the one reason i haven't moved to the 700w yet (as i also love windows mobile). I need to have a good chat client that isn't always disconnecting something that runs whenever i connect to the data network.

Anything out there ?
    Yeah...Verichat.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    it only mentions ppc2002/2003 does anyone know if it works with 240x240 wm5 ?
    The 700w comes with Pocket MSN, which has Windows Messenger IM included. I've used it and it seems to work fine.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalonia
    The 700w comes with Pocket MSN, which has Windows Messenger IM included. I've used it and it seems to work fine.
    pocket msn actually sucks quite badly #1) its MSN only no aim/icq, #2) it does not auto connect and stay connected during a data session.

Its fine if you just want to login and send a message and log out, but you can not use it as a true chat client.
    I installed verichat from here and works great on my 700

http://www.pdaapps.com/productList.html
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like verichat is using sms text messaging for the I/O and not a tcp/ip connection. So if you don't have unlimted text messaging, which the data plan does not include, you may get a surprise in your phone bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like verichat is using sms text messaging for the I/O and not a tcp/ip connection. So if you don't have unlimted text messaging, which the data plan does not include, you may get a surprise in your phone bill.
    That just boggles my mind. Why on earth would they do this? Unless perhaps when the phone slips into standby it loses connectivity? Makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phiber
    That just boggles my mind. Why on earth would they do this? Unless perhaps when the phone slips into standby it loses connectivity? Makes no sense.
    VeriChat doesn't use any outgoing SMS messages. It only uses incoming SMS messages (email to SMS - generally free) when in standby mode and if you have configured an email address.

VeriChat otherwise uses only data connection. The latest VeriChat 1.37 for WM5 has been highly optimized for WM5, and the square screen. We also added other features like file-sending/receiving etc. The next version due out in about a week would have full standby SMS mode (like Palm), and also Treo like 5-way navigation support. Stay tuned.
    I have been using VeriChat for my Treo 700w for the last 2 weeks, and once I got used to the new layout, I decided I loved it.
    It did take me a little while though to get used to exiting the program and trusting that it was running in the background. This new Windows thing is unfimiliar territory for me.. at least on a mobil device...
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAapps
    VeriChat doesn't use any outgoing SMS messages. It only uses incoming SMS messages (email to SMS - generally free) when in standby mode and if you have configured an email address.

VeriChat otherwise uses only data connection. The latest VeriChat 1.37 for WM5 has been highly optimized for WM5, and the square screen. We also added other features like file-sending/receiving etc. The next version due out in about a week would have full standby SMS mode (like Palm), and also Treo like 5-way navigation support. Stay tuned.
    You guys rock.
    New version update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phiber
    You guys rock.
    New version update?
    New version (1.38b) is out. Please send your feedback to support@pdaapps.com. This release includes -

- Enhanced SMS Mode
    - Enhanced Five-Way Navigation (Stylus free operation)
    - Better connectivity when you are in low reception area
    - Bug fixes

PDAapps
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    the auto update doesnt work on my treo.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Ok, i downloaded the file from the site , completely uninstalled previous version of verichat and installed this new beta.
    People can Instant message me but when i reply, they dont recieve the messages. i Tried having all differnt friends message me throughout the day and all with no success.
    Chris
    I downlaoded the new version of verichat but I cannot see any difference at all. It still seems to have a problem with me being logged in on my laptop and on my phone. What was the improvement supposed to be? People are still getting bounce back messages when they try to IM me.
    It seems very unstable. Sometimes I can see away messages ( which is one of the main reasons I opted for Verichat), and other times I can't. Sometimes my whole buddy list fails to load, - just a few names come up.
    Is anyone else having troubles with verichat for the 700? I loved it in Palm but I am not a happy camper about the Windows version

Katie
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Have you tried AgileMessenger? Even though they say it a paid app now the PocketPC version is still free...

Use this one: Agile Messenger for Windows Pocket PC 2002 Beta
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm
    I downlaoded the new version of verichat but I cannot see any difference at all. It still seems to have a problem with me being logged in on my laptop and on my phone. What was the improvement supposed to be? People are still getting bounce back messages when they try to IM me.
    It seems very unstable. Sometimes I can see away messages ( which is one of the main reasons I opted for Verichat), and other times I can't. Sometimes my whole buddy list fails to load, - just a few names come up.
    Is anyone else having troubles with verichat for the 700? I loved it in Palm but I am not a happy camper about the Windows version

Katie
    Im very dissapointed with verichat for the 700w. its pretty much useless to me, doesnt stay connected, very unstable, It used to be the only thing i used my treo 600 for now i never use it.
    Agile Messenger sucks equally.
    plus it seems their authorization SMS process is busted or not happening right now...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast