Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is WM truly that hard to program in? I'm sick of funding these companys' failed attempts. At least the Palm programs worked more than half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    plus it seems their authorization SMS process is busted or not happening right now...

Verizon might have disables incoming SMS via email... test it? Maybe disabled for Verichat.

Verizon is not the most customer friendly wireless provider...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Both Cingular and T-Mobile claim that AIM (and Yahoo IM) is pre-installed on their WM5 devices (Cingular 8125 & hp6515 and T-Mob MDA, for example). Does anyone know what app they're using?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts

After a painstaking wait and increasing pressure from the online communities, Agile Mobile has finally graced us with a public alpha version of their newly redesigned multi-instant messaging client, Agile Messenger. With full support for Windows Mobile 5, landscape mode, chat history, and its original features we have come to appreciate such as "push-to-talk" audio chat, this new version of Agile Messenger is sure to make its way into many mobile devices when it's finally released.

I, for one, am glad that there is continuing development for instant messaging clients on the Windows Mobile platform, especially now that America Online has released an open SDK for their AIM service. Why AOL has never bothered to update their own AIM client for Pocket PC is beyond anyone's guess. Our choices have been rather slim, such as the buggy Shape Services IM+ at a whopping $40, VeriChat with a $25 to $40 annual subscription, and imov Messenger (free Personal Version and a $20 Enterprise Version). Functionally and visually, Agile Messenger is the best of the pack (and right now, it's free), so please help be a part of the bug reporting team so they can get this out the door soon.
    Source: pocketpcthoughts.com
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    I tried the above out- and agree that it seems to be superior to IM+...it can send files/photos in chats, tabbed views, and today screen option which is great.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Yup, the agile messenger beta works very nicely... but whats wierd is when typing a message in aim... and you push the key under "A" (whatever thats called), it seems to send a message right away to the other person, when all I want is to type a number after that.

Other than that... nice, it even fixed my IRC problem... as wmIRC would disconnect after like a minute, but since agile keeps my connection running... that problem went away, lol.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Its actually an Alpha version (comes before it gets to Beta) but I have been running it in the Device Emulator and it seems to work well.. its even been updated to support WM5 soft keys and google IM!

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Was happily using the Alpha version on my 700w, and now they have the beta version of Agile Messenger out---- freezes up my 700w. Anyone get the beta working?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    is it tough to set up a device emulator?
    Useless. Disconnects with device standby.

Paid for Verichat; sucks like it did when I didn't pay for it. I don't even use it. Upon the device going in to standby not only does it still disconnect, when you go back into the program it shuts itself down.

Can't wait for an EVDO Palm (OS) device. Throwing the 700w in a lake!
    This is the best messenger I have found, i use it daily.
    Does Agile allow you to check away messages and profiles of people on your buddy list?

When you are signed on AIM on Agile, does it show up as a mobile device or a normal PC when other people see you online?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod178
    Does Agile allow you to check away messages and profiles of people on your buddy list?
    Yes.

When you are signed on AIM on Agile, does it show up as a mobile device or a normal PC when other people see you online?
    Mobile, but you can change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Yes.

Mobile, but you can change it.

Thanks, does it show how long people have been online/idle for?

Assuming you are connected via evdo, how does it treat incoming calls and outgoing calls? Does it log you off if you don't touch the phone after a certain amount of time.

Thanks.
    Thanks, does it show how long people have been online/idle for?
    It tells me that they are idle, I dont remember seeing a message telling for how long.
    Assuming you are connected via evdo, how does it treat incoming calls and outgoing calls? Does it log you off if you don't touch the phone after a certain amount of time.
    You know what, i dont know. I can remember coming back to the phone to see that it was signed out, but i dont know why. I can also remember talking on the phone, and then chatting right after with no problems. There was a post here on this board somewhere outlining EDVO and 1x, and whether connections or calls were dropped in given situations, but i dont know where.

Long story short, justs download it and try. It's free.
    Does anyone know if there exists a .CAB file for the latest Agile 3 beta? Activesync screws everything up for me so I only install software using CAB files, not by syncing. If anyone has the .CAB file or knows how to extract it out of the EXE and would be able to send it to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Feel free to PM me if so. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    Does anyone know if there exists a .CAB file for the latest Agile 3 beta? Activesync screws everything up for me so I only install software using CAB files, not by syncing. If anyone has the .CAB file or knows how to extract it out of the EXE and would be able to send it to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Feel free to PM me if so. =)
    Here is the link to the cab file (just have WM5 extract it from the zip):

http://updates.am-im.net/AgileMessengerWMPPC.zip

Neil
    every time i dl the file with my 700wx it tells me that it can not be opend, becouse its not signed with a trusted sertificate or files are missing.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Does Agile use SMS to use the AIM service
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay730 View Post
    Does Agile use SMS to use the AIM service
    No, strictly data.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast