Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Anyone know of a software firewall for the Treo?
    http://airscanner.com/downloads/firewall/firewall.html

A Full-Strength Personal Firewall for Your Windows Mobile/Pocket PC handheld.
    Airscanner Mobile Firewall for Windows Mobile Pocket PC is a low-level, bi-directional, packet filtering firewall that examines all incoming and outgoing TCP/IP traffic. This personal firewall ensures that data is permitted based on access control lists that you select from a set of predefined filters, or from filters that you create yourself. The firewall parses packets as they come in (or go out) on the wire or over the air, and it matches the data against a rule set of ports and IP addresses, URLs, etc.

Unlike some other products, Airscanner Mobile Firewall is not a simple port blocker or application port monitor. It is a true, full strength NDIS firewall powered by a custom-written packet driver for Windows CE .NET.

Surur
    Looks good. But it mentions nothing about WM5 compatibility. Did you try it on a WM5 device yet?

WM5 people on their support forum are having trouble installing and Airscanner says they need to work with MSFT to get the problem fixed. There's a workaround posted for the 6700, but no other device.

You'll have to wait to use this product.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/30/2006 at 01:48 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I would imagine that it is a good software for the 700. I use the airscanner virus protection and its a jewel.
    Gee, I don't NEED virus protection for my 650. There are no viruses for the Palm OS.

And I wonder how much of the 14Meg of free RAM this firewall uses up?

Sounds like another good reason to stick with POS.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirclown82
    I would imagine that it is a good software for the 700. I use the airscanner virus protection and its a jewel.
    Did you read their support forum? WM5 users should probably wait. Install problems. Airscanner said they are working with MSFT to fix a bug with WM5.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions