1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I've been noticing that my Pocket Outlook, which is configured to check my mail every 10 minutes would stop checking mail automatically until I do a manual Send/Receive.

It would work normally for about half a day, then all of a sudden without warning, it would stop checking mail. The Delivery Preferences still says to automatically check mail every 10 minutes, and I have full signal. After I do a manual Send/Receive, it will retrieve messages that have been waiting for me for several hours. After that, it would start checking mail automatically again.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause Pocket Outlook to stop automatically checking for messages?

Thanks!
    No idea if it's related but the Today customization screen has a "Today Timeout" which by default is set to 4 hours. There is no mention of that setting in the manuals. But 4 hours sounds suspiciously like half a business day.
    Here is the response I got from Palm for a similar issue I had:
    Please make sure that the account you have set to receive manually is the last account that you were looking. If in messaging you switch accounts to look at a different account automatic send and receive will not be done for the account you have set up for manual send and receive.

Cordially,
    Palm Treo700w Support Team
    Is it just me or does Palm's explanation make no sense? It seems like they transposed "manual" and "automatic".

Or was Please make sure that the account you have set to receive manually is the last account that you were looking. intended to read Please make sure that the account you that you were looking at last was not one that was set to receive manually.
    Last edited by fnacer; 01/29/2006 at 02:17 PM.
    I see your point - it is a little confusing. Here was my situation: I have 2 email accounts set up. One is an Exchange acct with instant updating, and the other is a personal IMAP acct with updating set for every 15 minutes. I always receive my Exchange emails no matter what I did last. But I have to switch to my personal acct in Messaging before I close it if I want that acct to update every 15 minutes.

Now that I know that, it is no big deal. I am able to get all my email automatically, which is the most important feature for me (behind phone functionality).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotexan
    Here is the response I got from Palm for a similar issue I had:
    Thanks for posting that, TreoTexan. I don't know if that's what happened to cause my Outlook to stop checking email, but it is definitely possible (sometimes I switch to MMS or Text Messages, then leave the app for something else). I'm going to give that a try and see if that fixes my problem!

Does anyone know whether they consider this a bug or a "feature"?