Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    As has been repeated on virtually every news channel, the longer the Blackberry suit goes on the more fear IT managers have that they may need an alternate device to handle what their BB's used to. Thus sales of the Treo and other devices are way up.
    And a bit less publicized but just as important....well maybe not since Bill bought his way out of last court problems but MS is being sued for WM5. Seems they lifted soem stuff from Visto which they licesed to Good.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/busines...0.htm?feed=rss
    POS or WM5 i don't really care. IMHO whoever has the deepest pockets is going to eventually write the best software.

I liked my 650.. very cool. Few small problems like resetting for no paticular reason. I like my 700w. Cool as well. Speedy EVDO, better keyboard.. More ram would be nice. I have ZERO love for either palm or windows. What works for me is what i'm going to use.
  3.    #23  
    Although I started this thread and the intent was not for it to end up being a POS vs. WM5 debate... here is some fuel for that fire (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...013000294.html). A Washington Post article published today comparing the 650/700w and POS/WM5.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Although I started this thread and the intent was not for it to end up being a POS vs. WM5 debate... here is some fuel for that fire (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...013000294.html). A Washington Post article published today comparing the 650/700w and POS/WM5.
    It's amazing that $hit like this makes it into the Washington Post. I'd like his job so that I can get paid top dollar to write articles that seem like they were written the morning of the deadline.
  5.    #25  
    I agree, I'm not sure what the deal is with that article. It must be a web-only article since it is dated today and I didn't see it in the print edition. Nevertheless, it doesn't seem up to the normal level of work that guy does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I know a Dr. that uses a Treo 600 and when the 650 come out he was dying to get one. However, he decided to skip the 650 and see what comes out after. He's seen the 700w, but he is not going to upgrade because he believes the Palm OS interface is much better. Now, this is a guy that is not a hardcore Palm OS fanatic like most of us , but this guy knows well about interfaces (I forgot to say that he works with Interfaces for physicians). So for all those of you who think the Palm OS is dying... the Treo 700w has proved the point that it is all about user experience than features.
    Al
    I have been extremely happy with the 4 models of Treos I have had the pleasure to own and use. Every one has offered some improvement over the other. I will probably by a 750 or 800 or whatever comes out next. And someone will likely buy my 700 a day or 2 after I put it up for sale. I think that speaks miles. LOL, there sure are a lot of phone critics out there, not too many phone inventors.
    Post review has some serious errors..have sent a note to Rob about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    It's amazing that $hit like this makes it into the Washington Post. I'd like his job so that I can get paid top dollar to write articles that seem like they were written the morning of the deadline.
    You know, I thought "POS" stood for Palm Operating System, but I guess it's also an acronym for this article. "I spent an hour pressing keys..." give me a break Doogy Houser...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12