1.    #1  
    I have a problem on my new Treo 700, where I can not view multiple or all-day upcoming appointments from my calendar on my Today screen. I have both options enabled in the Calendar options of the Today settings. I am only able to see the next scheduled appointment (assuming it is not an all-day appointment).

I have tried doing a hard reset, spent an hour on the phone with Verizon tech support, and even traded in my Treo for a brand new one. But I always have the same problem. Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions? This is a very important feature for me.

Thanks for you help.
    Are you using calendar plus? http://mohairsofa.com/Default.aspx/document/10
  3.    #3  
    No, I am not using any Today screen add-ons. Like I said, I saw the problem on a brand new Treo right out of the box.

I find it hard to believe that I have had 2 defective units and that no one else has experienced this problem?! Is everyone else able to view multiple and all-day upcoming appts on their Today screen?
    I don't have any problems displaying multiple and all-day appointments.

I'm wondering if your problem is your data. My tasks don't display properly either. Nobody else complains about the Tasks Today plugin so I just got a Task+ plugin to resolve the problem. Also Pocketbreeze works well.
  5.    #5  
    But what could be wrong with my appointments? That is what I am trying to figure out. I have manipulated my appointments every way that I can figure out and it makes no difference. I have submitted a help request to Palm tech support, so hopefully they will have a good answer for me.
    If you get an answer, please report back.

Try a hard reset, create a day's worth of appointments manually and see if they display correctly.
  7.    #7  
    I will report back whatever I hear from Palm tech support.

By the way, I am able to view multiple appts if they are in the same day of the nearest upcoming appt - as long as they are not all-day appts. I would expect to see upcoming appts across multiple days and definitely all-day appts.

And I have tried the hard reset - as I mentioned above.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I don't believe the today screen will display multiple appointments over multiple days...someone correct me if i'm wrong...if you have the show upcoming appointments turned on...and if you have more than one appointment coming up on the same day then the today screen will show you all the appointments for that coming day...but it never shows multiple appointments over multiple days.
    That's different! The today screen will only show multiple appointments on the same day but not over multiple days. You stated in the first post
    I am only able to see the next scheduled appointment (assuming it is not an all-day appointment).
  10.    #10  
    Based on the feedback in this thread and the response from Treo tech support (see below), I guess I just misunderstood how it supposed to work. Apparently, you can only view all-day appointments for the current day, and you can only view multiple appts from either today or the next day that has a scheduled appt.

It sure would be nice to view all appointments for the next few days. I was hoping to avoid experimenting with an add-on, but I guess that will be the only way.

Here is the initial response I received from Treo tech support (I can't believe they responded back on a Sunday!):
    Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Palm Treo 700w. To better assist you, we will require additional information. How many appointments appear on the Today screen? Just the first appointment? Also, were you able to do the hard reset on the device, or was it unsuccessful? I was unable to duplicate your issue on our devices. The all day event did appear, and also the next appointments. However, I could only see today's Calendar entries, nothing from a future date. I could only see these items by opening the Calendar application.
    I think you can use the today time out setting. this tells the device how many hours to grab the appt's for I set mine for 12hrs and it grabs appt's today and into tomorrow if within the time frame.
  12.    #12  
    I never was sure what that setting was for. It does not appear to work like that on my Treo, though. I'm sitting here changing the timeout setting and seems to have no effect on anything?
    My time out is set for 4 hours yet I've Monday's full day schedule showing on my screen since Saturday. I had no appointments on Saturday or Sunday.

I don't know what timeout option does and I can't find it within the help section. It is different from the password timeout.
    Last edited by Beryl; 01/29/2006 at 10:01 PM.
    i found that you have to do a soft reset after you change it, works like a champ on mine.

test it byt adding some test appt's on your calendar
    I read on another forum that the Today Timeout is used to automatically return the display back to the Today screen after this amount of time has elapsed. For example, if you left your display in the Programs folder or in a game, after 4 hours you would be returned back to the Today screen.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Where is this timeout menu on the Treo 700w?
    Thanks,

plucas
    Quote Originally Posted by plucas
    Where is this timeout menu on the Treo 700w?
    You can modify the Today Timeout on the Today settings screen, under Settings -> Personal -> Today -> Items. It's at the bottom.
    I just noticed this thread - and I too was bothered by the fact that my all day appointments were not showing on my Today screen. I assumed at first that it was yet another problem with Active Sync - that they were not getting transferred but they do appear on my phone calendar.

I can however see multiple appointments for the same day but I do not believe I have seen appointments for 2 days (like a 10 am appointment today and a 9 am appointment tomorrow.

If you do find a solution to the missing all day appointments please post it here. In the meantime I think I will send a query to technical support so they realize it is not one isolated incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm
    I just noticed this thread - and I too was bothered by the fact that my all day appointments were not showing on my Today screen. I assumed at first that it was yet another problem with Active Sync - that they were not getting transferred but they do appear on my phone calendar.

I can however see multiple appointments for the same day but I do not believe I have seen appointments for 2 days (like a 10 am appointment today and a 9 am appointment tomorrow.
    Try this, katiegm: Settings/Today/Items/Calendar and choose Options. There should be a choice for displaying Next Appointment vs. Upcoming Appointments -- but it won't roll over to the next day's appointments until there's enough screen space.

Also, see if the check box for "Display all day events" is checked; that may be why you're missing them. If not, are you creating them in your local Outlook, getting them sent from a central Exchange server, or from a 3rd e-mail system? There are some known problems with repeating meetings, especially if being loaded as iCalendar or vCalendar files from Lotus Notes.
    Thanks for the tips - I never knew those options were there. In fact "include all day appoints" was checked and so I unchecked it and rechecked it,. It works now - when I make an appointment on the phone or on my laptop. I have upcoming appointments checked too but I still am only getting todays - but it may be a space thing.Thanks again!