1.    #1  
    How do I edit contacts via my PC ?? When I try to sync...I can sync files and such but...The area for contacts is shaded and doesn't allow a check mark.....Of course I don't know how to put something in contacts via the pc...to in turn sync to the 700w?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Alleycatttttt; 01/28/2006 at 12:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    You need to have Outlook installed on your PC from which you can edit your contacts.
  3.    #3  
    I did that...But it doesn't allow me to check off contacts in the sync settings for activesync
  4.    #4  
    I can check off the contacts now...But then it is giving me an error ....Activesync had encountered a problem on the desktop...Support code-85010014
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    See if this helps:

Here is an email response from support@palm.com -

Hello,

This error generally occurs due to corruption in Outlook. The resolution is to uninstall/reinstall Outlook. Below are instructions to for this along with instruction on how to backup information from Outlook.

To back up the Contacts folder, you need to export the folder to a file in Personal Folders file (.pst) format.

1. On the File menu, click Import and Export.

2. Click Export to a file, and then click Next.

3. In the Create a file of type list, click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.

4. In the Select a folder to export from list, click Contacts.

5. If you have subfolders below the Contacts folder that you want to include, select the Include subfolders check box.

6. Click Next.

7. Click Browse, choose a location for the file, such as My Documents, and then type a name for your backup file, such as ContactsBackup.pst.

8. Click OK.

9. Click Finish.

10. In the Name box, type My Contacts Backup.

11. Type the encryption and password settings if you need them, and then click OK.

Follow the same process for Calendar, Tasks, and Notes.

If you originally installed your Microsoft Office program from a network file server or from a shared folder, you must install or remove components from that location. If you installed your Office program from a CD-ROM and you've mapped your CD-ROM drive to a new drive letter since installing the Office program, reinstall from the CD-ROM. If you're running any Office program files from the CD-ROM, you must uninstall the Office program and then reinstall it from the CD-ROM.

1. Quit all programs.

2. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in the Windows Control Panel.

3. Do one of the following:
    - If you installed your Office program as part of Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office in the Currently installed programs box, and then click the Change button.

- If you installed your Office program individually, click the name of your program in the Currently installed programs box, and then click the Change button.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Next reinstall Outlook 2003 from your original installation CD.

Cordially,
    Palm Treo700w Support Team
  6.    #6  
    Holy crap...what a pain in the *** !!! Thank you for the help....: (