1.    #1  
    Both WM5.

Motorola has better form factor, razr, and wider keyboard layout.

But is it EVDO? Any other negatives?
    Last edited by athreya; 01/27/2006 at 06:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    At this point in time: Vaporware.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HalM
    At this point in time: Vaporware.
    but yesterday there was a Motorola announcement about a March release. Wouldn't call it that anymore.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    No, not vaporware. It is coming. They are really two different platforms. Both WM5, but the 700w is the PPC version while the Q is the Smartphone version. The Q will have EVDO. It just depends on your personal preference. The Q won't have a touchscreen and most likely won't be as popular so accessories and third-party software will be less likely.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    No, not vaporware. It is coming. They are really two different platforms. Both WM5, but the 700w is the PPC version while the Q is the Smartphone version. The Q will have EVDO. It just depends on your personal preference. The Q won't have a touchscreen and most likely won't be as popular so accessories and third-party software will be less likely.
    whats a smartphone version? What OS will it be? if it is wm5 wont all the regular software work with it?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    There are two different types of Windows Mobile devices, Smartphones and Pocket PC (this included Pocket PC Phones, like the 700w). Up until WM5, the two devices were very different. They are both built on the same core OS, Windows CE, but there was Smartphone and Pocket PC operating systems. With WM5 the line between the two is blurring, but there is still differences. The Smartphone version (which is what the Q will be) doesn't have a touchscreen, and the OS has to be slightly modified to accommodate that. Most software has Pocket PC and Smartphone versions. With WM5 some software will install on either, but to be safe you would want to be sure you get the version of the software for the device you have, Smartphone of PPC/Phone.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    One you can buy it today, the other you cannot....
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    One you can buy it today, the other you cannot....
    yeah..and one can make coffee and the other cannot!
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    yeah..and one can make coffee and the other cannot!
    Seriously? Do you use the IR or something? What kind of coffee maker do I need, or did someone do a mod?

Pls provide more info!!!!! This exactly what will make me buy the 700.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by t nitty
    Seriously? Do you use the IR or something? What kind of coffee maker do I need, or did someone do a mod?

Pls provide more info!!!!! This exactly what will make me buy the 700.
    i think you didnt read my post carefully. its the Q which makes coffee, not the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    i think you didnt read my post carefully. its the Q which makes coffee, not the Treo.
    Another reason not to buy the 700w. Wait for the 700p-it'll probably make coffee and more.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I don't drink coffee, so will it make tea?
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    I don't drink coffee, so will it make tea?
    Only green tea. It's better for you.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I'm not sure if it's been ported to the square screen yet, but ...

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=88043&R=88043

...it does look like it supports tea
    On that note, I believe the Moto Q has a 320x240 screen vs. the Treo 700's 240x240.
    But the scroll wheel vs. the touch screen is what's going to probabally keep me from the Q. I just don't think I can do the blackberry thing (that's why it's nicknamed the razorberry.)
    If you want a more phone-like device, the Q might be better for you. I really like the Q's form factor, it's going to be REALLY hard to resist. If you want a more PDA like device, the Treo 700w. I think the 700w is going to be better all around anyway.

As far as availability goes, I'm on GSM so neither are available yet. So that's a non-issue to me.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G