1.    #1  
    Ok for the life of me i cannot understand Verizons billing system. I have the unlimited Data Plan, and not that many minutes, because i dont normally have to speak with people that often because hey i can use the data to send messages via IM+. But in the past 3 days my actual calls have been less than a min total but somehow i've gotten up to 50mins peak. I called Verizon and the customer support told me when i Download things i get charged from my minutes, but i havent downloaded anything yet. All i've done is used it for internet browsing and the Trial version of IM+. I do notice it Dials up 777 everytime im using any of my data services. Am i getting charged my minutes everytime this dials up??? Becuase that is ****in' rediculous especially with the pricing on DATA that verizon has going. I mean damn Tmobile may have **** service but at least when they said unlimited they meant it.

Can anyone out there tell me if this is truely the case? What actually starts up my minutes? Because i normall wouldnt go over 300mins in one month, now i used up 50 in 2 days. What gives?
    OK... we need the answer on this one... Getting charged for minutes to download on top of unlimited data??!! We are hosed! .. if it's true.
    I've had unlimited for 18 months and never was charged minutes to download.
    Everything seems fine with my account. I've been using the data pretty heavily and have no extra minutes deducted for data with my Unlimited Data plan. I even called Verizon to confirm.

-Chris
  5.    #5  
    Ok, so you guys dont get charged everytime you long on to your broadband with #777 ? Because the lady who told me that i do get charged mins for downloads and stuff like that wasnt very specific, and didnt really seem to know what i get charged minutes for. But this is all very weird, my phone itself says the only time ive spent using the mins is 53 secs, its brand spankin new, but my phone bill has it at 50mins.

Has anyone else had any issues like these? Or does anyone know specifically, aside from calls, what else can start using my minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingNormal
    but i havent downloaded anything yet. All i've done is used it for internet browsing and the Trial version of IM+.....
    Just for clarification when you are browsing, you ARE downloading. In order to view a web page, you must download the text and images to your device so the device can display on the screen.
  7.    #7  
    Yes i know that. But when i called verizon their answer to me was that i was using my minutes when i downloaded programs and games, but not when i browsed, but considering they both dial up their connection in the exact same way i do not understand what they mean.
    Well, have you had one 53 second call, or 53 one second calls? If you keep calling up that girl you like and hanging up as soon as she picks up, you'll still get charged the full minute. Still doubt you'd rack up 50 minutes with only 53 seconds used, but yah, just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingNormal
    Yes i know that. But when i called verizon their answer to me was that i was using my minutes when i downloaded programs and games, but not when i browsed, but considering they both dial up their connection in the exact same way i do not understand what they mean.
    AH HAH !! Do you have two web icons on your Verizon Treo screen? Look using the "ALL" category.

One for the web and one for downloading from Verizon? And they look identical? (The one where you cannot change the home page is the "downloads" one -- do not use this one for Web browsing!)

I believe the Verizon 650 had two Web icons -- and we spent several posts trying to figure out why this new user could not change his home page in Blazer -- until a kind Verizon user came on line and bailed us out. Did this dual icon thing carry over to the 700W and is that how they are separating the billing?
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/27/2006 at 04:44 PM.
    The important thing to check is whether or not they got the unlimited data correctly assigned to your account. If you are being charged pay-as-you-go for data (Verizon screws this up about 1 in 20 new accounts in my experience), standby for a humongous bill, a bunch of phone calls, and about 3 months to get it cleared from your account.

Otherwise, the CSR you spoke with might have been confused with GIN, VCast, or the like in which you ARE charged for each download. This does not apply to you.
    After viewing Kupe's response. . . . . . I would head down to a Verizon store and show them what is happening and get a clear understanding of what is going on with a manager level person face to face.

Cheers, Perry.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse
    Well, have you had one 53 second call, or 53 one second calls? If you keep calling up that girl you like and hanging up as soon as she picks up, you'll still get charged the full minute. Still doubt you'd rack up 50 minutes with only 53 seconds used, but yah, just a thought.
    Haha it was more like i had a series of called that were maybe 10 seconds maybe less totaling up to 53secs. Ugh wish i could figure this out, might have to just wait on the bill so i can see what exactly these calls are.
    Quietly leaving the area . . . . .not A Verizon user. . . . . not a W user . . . . what was I thinking anyway?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Quietly leaving the area . . . . .not A Verizon user. . . . . not a W user . . . . what was I thinking anyway?

Cheers, Perry.
    you should know better
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Your avatar was very appropriate for that comment . . . . .
    OK. Here is what happened to me. VZW f-ed up my plan when i first got my Blackberry. it WAS charging me for each minute dialing 777. They messed something up and removed the data plan right after they added it. i ended up witha over $1000 bill b/c of it. they finally got it straightened out but it took a while. and NO i did not have to pay that. but check with them becasue it is probably a billing error as happened with me. You do not use ANY minutes when transferring data. the only time you use minutes is when you dial 411, your VM, and a phone number. obviosuly any traffic lines like 211, etc, but 777 is a data call. no minutes if you have data plan.
    Always ask for a supervisor if you're confused by the answer. The reps are helpful but it seems VZW gives them minimal training; I've often gotten different answers from various reps. OTOH, their supervisors seem to have enough experience to solve problems; I recently got the SMS 2000 plan added because a VZW supervisor took the time to research it and get it added to my account; plus he called me back several times with updates.