1.    #1  
    ... than in two years of carrying a Treo600.

Disgusting. I won't be recommending this device to my department. I can't imagine our sales team having to put up with this *&%$. It would be a support nightmare for my Help Desk.

I really don't think that EVDO download rates can make up for how Windows Mobile and ActiveSync suck out loud.

Waiting for Treo 700p.

JJJ
    i agree
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Wow, too bad you are having these issues. We thought it was a pretty good, even great device. I can honestly say that in the 10 days we pounded our evaluation unit, we had none, nada, zero of the issues about which you have constantly complained.

IMHO, one of 3 things is going on. 1.) When you say that you will wait for the 700p, you must think that the 700w is the upgrade to the 600 series family. It is not. It is more of a “first cousin” than a direct member of the family. Palm is trying to cash in on ActiveSync and the feeding frenzy to consume BB sales. It is a different product aimed at different users. Only the form factor of the 6xx is carried over. 2.) Have you considered exchanging the phone for a different one? Maybe yours is simply defective??? 3.) If you read HowardForum, the Smartphone / PPC guys are having far fewer synchronization problems. Clearly no one has gone as far off the deep end as you with the 700w. Have you considered that maybe Palm simply didn’t implement this phone very well on their first try and that they will make changes to your liking with the upcoming MSFP / AKU2.0 ROM?
    I too have needed 0 resets, soft or hard. I've had the device for about a week and a half now.

-Chris
    One hard reset. My own fault.
    Lots of soft resets, but I do those because I know it's a WM device.
    I've had Compaq Aero and iPAQs before.
    Reset your Windows PDA. At least every other day.

tech
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_head
    One hard reset. My own fault.
    Lots of soft resets, but I do those because I know it's a WM device.
    I've had Compaq Aero and iPAQs before.
    Reset your Windows PDA. At least every other day.

tech
    Probably more needed with a WM3 device than a WM5 one. I don't remember soft setting the 700w with any frequency though, but it is still a good practice. That is why I turn off my SP5 at night when I recharge it.