1.    #1  
    Whenever I play mp3s, I have to press the power button every minute to continue because the Treo 700w shuts off. I've disabled all of the power options via the Settings / Power tab, some I'm assuming it's a registry fix. Any ideas?
    Are you using Windows Menial Player? It doesn't do that for me, it just shuts off the backlight, but not the sound. I didn't do any registry settings, but there might be an option setting within the app. Check that. I remember there's an option to keep music playing even after the app is closed, but I think that was on by default.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've experienced the same thing. The only way that I've gotten past this issue is to configure the audio app to shut the screen off; only after the screen turns off will the audio keep playing without shutting off.

In Windows Media, you can configure a button to turn the screen on and off. In Audible, you can configure the screen to automatically shut off after a period of time to your liking. These are the two apps that I have this issue with that I use on a regular basis.
    check to see if you have blue tooth enabled, if you do, disable the blue tooth, there is a bug in the OS, if blue tooth is enabled and the back light is set to go off after a time, it will shut down the phone rather than shut off the back light. if you don't want to disable the blue tooth, disable the backlight timer
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Thanks larrysilver.. nice tip. Didnt know about that bug and I was wondering why sometimes it would work and other times not
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, if you hit any of the buttons accidentally or deliberately and you have keygaurd enabled, will it turn the system on and allow you to press other buttons without pressing the middle button to unlock it?
    I ask because when at the gym, I used to keep the Treo in my pocket while listening to MP3's, with the 700w I was not able to figure out a way around accidentally having it dial numbers, while playing music due to keys being bumped accidentally.
    BNelson - Nice tip, thanks. That solved my challenge with the audio stopping. I programed the space bar for screen off, hit the space after starting the stream in Media Player, and no more interruptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos
    BNelson - Nice tip, thanks. That solved my challenge with the audio stopping. I programed the space bar for screen off, hit the space after starting the stream in Media Player, and no more interruptions.
    I did same but after I hit key that's suppose to turn the screen backlight off, the keyboard light stays ON draining battery.

Is there a solution for this?