1.    #1  
    Does anyone know which, if any, wired headsets work with Voice Command? I know some wired headsets come with a talk/hang-up button and was wondering if this button would work to activate Voice Command. There are lots of threads about BT headsets, but none about wired headsets.
    Wired work.
    I have tried a couple.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    The palm included wired headset works perfectly with the treo and voice command. That's what I use and with the covering over the earpiece it's quite comfortable in the ear too!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jyong80
    The palm included wired headset works perfectly with the treo and voice command. That's what I use and with the covering over the earpiece it's quite comfortable in the ear too!
    I just tried the included headset and couldn't get it to initiate Voice Command by pressing the button. I plugged in the headset, pressed the talk button on the headset, and tried to initiate a voice command and got nothing. Is there something I'm missing?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I found out that you have to initiate voice command once from the side button and then afterwards it should work fine with your headset.

If not then try turning off the phone with the headset plugged in and turn it back on again.
    The boxwave product for the treo700w is a wired headset that apparently will initiate a Voice Command interaction from the headset. I haven't verified this myself, but I've heard it from a reputable source.
    Last edited by ebadger; 01/27/2006 at 08:18 PM.
    Check out this post -- read the first reply

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105733
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebadger
    Check out this post -- read the first reply

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105733
    That did the trick! You have to first plug the headset in, turn the screen off with the power button (or leave it off if it is already), then press the talk button on the headset. This causes the phone to turn on and the voice command app initiates with the little mic symbol in the top bar. It works!