1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I have a 1GB card, a 700MB avi movie and the treo 700. I dont have a card reader. Can someone please help me load this to my phone so i can watch it on the plane next weeK? I would greatly appreciate it!!!!
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    If you setup the Treo with an XP computer, you can go into My Computer on your pc and you should see an icon for the Treo under other called Mobile Device. If you have your Treo connected to your PC via the sync cable you can open the Mobile Device and you have access to your card then you can drag and drop, or copy and paste you file onto the card.
  3.    #3  
    Nope.. I use windows 2000..
    You'll want to convert that movie down to a smaller size, I would think. You can use VirtualDub to convert it down or other movie convert.

Once you have the movie, (and you can try it like it is, but it will probably not play smoothly), have your SD card inserted in the Treo. Connect your USB hotsync cable and let it ActiveSync, once it's finished leave the cable connected and open Microsoft ActiveSync from the taskbar menu. On the tools menu click Explore PocketPC. You should find the Storage Card and you can copy from Explorer on your computer to the Storage Card in the ActiveSync file browser window. This will take a while to copy. Once it's done you can disconnect and play the movie.

If you have a full movie in 700 mb I bet it is a divx or xvid based movie. I don't think Windows Media player will play this on your Treo. You'll have to use another player like TCPMP.
  5.    #5  
    You have to understand i dont know how to use VirtualDub.. I downloaded it but have NO idea what to do... If my card is 1GB why would i need to convert the movie to a smaller size?
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    You have to understand i dont know how to use VirtualDub.. I downloaded it but have NO idea what to do... If my card is 1GB why would i need to convert the movie to a smaller size?
    because that movie is full screen for a real computer and would require more processing power than your treo has to play. If you search through the forum regarding playing movies on the treo, I think you will find reference to some other converters besides virtual dub that are easier to use.
    If you get a $15 bluetooth 1.2 usb dongle you could beam the movie with bluetooth by right clicking on it in file manager and choosing to bluetooth. Once you have it on your treo you can long select it to bring up a context menu. Then choose beam to send it to another Treo or bluetooth dongle.

I find canopus procoder easier to use than the free windows media encoder. Also you can compress mpeg with procoder.

If you have evdo broadband definitly download the free Orb at orb.com. Then you can stream movies to your treo and not have to worry about compressing files and running out of storage space. You just need to lower the default streaming rate a bit, open firewall ports, and forward router ports if you have a firewall and router. Otherwise it is a snap to set up.
    Last edited by Emersk; 01/27/2006 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by betaozen
    I was gonna recommend the same thing but he has a 700w not a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I was gonna recommend the same thing but he has a 700w not a 650.
    Yes and all of that work to move a program to the card is not necessary. Sheech, I forgot about all that nonsense. Some of the info was worthwhile though. Here is some more: http://blog.treonauts.com/2004/07/treo_600_dvd_mo.html
    followed tutorial and worked great with 700 thanks for the links
    <moved>

Pocketdivxencoder is also a nice easy way to convert vids...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions