Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I do not recall seeing a running list of cool apps or cool uses for the Treo 700w on Treocentral so maybe a list can be started. I have a couple uses of my own.

I am beginning to better appreciate the mobile version of Windows Media Player. Using the website, www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/, you can broadcast a limited number of radio stations from most, if not all, states, which seems very cool for a smartphone. Some broadcasts are crystal clear live bit streams available thru Windows Media Player.

I have also discovered that you can play some podcasts through WMP.
    That is pretty cool, but 32kbps is kind of crappy. On the front page there's some that are 64kbps. And now, I may have to eat my words. After loading the front page, IE eats all the program memory and if you click a link to play in WMP I get my firt memory error on my 700W
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    If you are an XM subscriber, you can stream XM radio on the device for free. www.xstreamxm.com (which I prefer) or www.minixm.com. The nice thing is that you don't have to buy a program to use these and there's nothing like listening to XMComedy while your waiting for an appoinment, etc. Git 'Er Done!
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    If you are an XM subscriber, you can stream XM radio on the device for free. www.xstreamxm.com (which I prefer) or www.minixm.com. The nice thing is that you don't have to buy a program to use these and there's nothing like listening to XMComedy while your waiting for an appoinment, etc. Git 'Er Done!
    I was at the gym last night working out with my 700. Ha, yes...I'm sure I looked dorky carrying a Treo around. Anyway, I was listening to XM via xstreamxm.com. I couldn't help but wonder that if this would somehow flag my account for abuse over time?

Arc
    In caves all cats are gray...
    Quote Originally Posted by likestech
    I do not recall seeing a running list of cool apps or cool uses for the Treo 700w on Treocentral so maybe a list can be started. I have a couple uses of my own..
    The 700w list here is just in its infancy but I have oft used the 650 list which numbers in the hundreds of programs....albeit some programs haven't been looked at in ages.

http://www.palmfocus.com/treo700wsoftware.php
    has someone tried using any software for using the treo to make ppt presentations through a projector onto a large screen? any suggestions?
    Beam / Sync PPT to laptop and run it from there.

Can't see vendor developing application / conduit / cables for Palm so that you can avoid carrying around a 3 pound laptop when you still gotta carry around a 16 pound LCD projector.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Can't see vendor developing application / conduit / cables for Palm so that you can avoid carrying around a 3 pound laptop when you still gotta carry around a 16 pound LCD projector.
    I just saw one for the 650...so im hoping it wont be too hard to make it for the 700w.
    Beam / Sync PPT to laptop and run it from there.

you dont have to carry around a projector..there are so many all around..and there are some softwares listed on handago which claim they will project ...dont know if they are 700 compatible though
    The only one I knew of was Margi who has this notice on their web site:

http://www.margi.com/products/prod_ptg_buy.htm

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    All hardware products have been discontinued, and are not available for sale at this site. Some distributors/resellers may still offer these products that are not directly supported by MARGI any longer. ....
    long ago.

there are a few on the handago website
    Likestech, I really appreciate you looking out for that website for local radio stations. I love listening to my local ESPN shows here in Jacksonville Fl.

But did anyone remember SHOUTCAST. It has streaming internet radio from everywhere in the world and more of a variety.

How about streaming TV! I subscribed to SmartVideo. They have a trial version that has DMV (Digital Music Video) for FREE!

I like yours better because it's local. Excellent thread!
    Last edited by mrjerome; 01/28/2006 at 12:55 AM.
    Sprint Kyocera QCP 6035 -> T-Mobile Motorola V600 -> T-Mobile PocketPC -> T-Mobile HP6315 -> T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t -> T-Mobile Treo 600 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> Verizon Treo 650 -> Treo700w -> Treo 700wx/Treo700p -> BlackBerry 8830
    I just bought the AmbiCom wireless SD card from CompUSA for $69.95 and it's worth every penny. I got on my home network in about 8 minutes & was surfing at warp speeds.
    Sprint Kyocera QCP 6035 -> T-Mobile Motorola V600 -> T-Mobile PocketPC -> T-Mobile HP6315 -> T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t -> T-Mobile Treo 600 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> Verizon Treo 650 -> Treo700w -> Treo 700wx/Treo700p -> BlackBerry 8830
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    you dont have to carry around a projector..there are so many all around..and there are some softwares listed on handago which claim they will project ...dont know if they are 700 compatible though
    Still gonna need some hardware.....at least i don't see a "video out " jack on my Treo.....software may direct low res video thru the HotSync jack but something has gotta take it from there to your projector. And I would expect significant graininess converting the Treo's 320 x 320 res to even a 800 x 600 projector.

I had no luck searching on handango undr "LCD Projector" "Projector" or "LCD".

Yahoo and Google only brought up the Margi thing
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat

Is there a similar program for streaming Sirius? Gotta listen to Stern!
    Still gonna need some hardware.....at least i don't see a "video out " jack on my Treo.....software may direct low res video thru the HotSync jack but something has gotta take it from there to your projector. And I would expect significant graininess converting the Treo's 320 x 320 res to even a 800 x 600 projector.

I had no luck searching on handango undr "LCD Projector" "Projector" or "LCD".

Yahoo and Google only brought up the Margi thing

several in handago under presentations
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctk74
    Is there a similar program for streaming Sirius? Gotta listen to Stern!
    SiriusCE. I don't think you can get Stern, though.
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
  18.    #18  
    long ago.

there are a few on the handago website
    I guess I was one of the few who bought a Margi solution (sd card) for my tungsten c. Margi works fine, but I prefer something like a Tablet PC (or a basic laptop) for presentatons; it is my opinion that some functions we need accomplished simply do not work well through a cell phone or a pda.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick
    SiriusCE. I don't think you can get Stern, though.
    Thanks...Stern is NOT available for streaming yet. Sirius claims that "both Howard and US would like to offer streaming on the net..." So, they make it sound like it is coming soon. However, I have been listening to Opie and Anthony on XM and think they are better than Stern...
    several in handago under presentations
    Handango doesn't have a "Presentations" category but searching on "presentations" I came up with a lot of programs (55) that let you view, edit etc ppt files on a portable and even one that lets you control a slide projector. But I found none that actually let a Treo or any other SD equipped handheld connect to a LCD projector and play the presentation through that projector.

Best I could do was Pocket Slide Show http://www.cnetx.com/SlideShow/ which includes in its feature list.....

"Direct output to external video cards (Toshiba Expansion Pack, Voyager VGA, Margi PresenterToGo, LifeView FlyJacket, etc.)"

Voyager and Lifeview need a CF or PCMCIA slot, Margi is gone and Toshiba well is for Toshibas.....can't find anything that might work on a Treo or any SD card equipped device.

OS requirements are: Microsoft® Pocket PC 2000, 2002, or 2003.

The memory requirment of 18 MB walso prsents other obvious issues.

"Storage memory : Minimum of 3MB in your Pocket PC required for software installation. Minimum of 15MB memory free for running the software"
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 01/29/2006 at 12:03 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast