Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    I think I know the thread you're talking about. It seems to have died out as the person who was allegedly developing the app has apparently fallen off the face of the earth.
    I stand corrected!!! The guy who is developing the app just resurfaced today!! (he's not actually writing the app himself but I guess he hired a developer to write the program). He anticipates it being ready for beta testing in 3 weeks and he's looking for beta testers so you might want to check it out:

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=863892&page=5
    So is there a solution yet?? Sorry for being an ***** if i missed it..
    No. There have been several false starts with very promising code but nothing has come out past beta.

The greater issue is this: Most of us with 700w devices would not run a threaded app in background because of memory constraints. We have the same problem with WebIS.

If you want to have a threaded chat, I recommend you install one of the many available IM apps instead.

You direct people to your IM ID, for example, instead of your mobile number. Enable your mobile device with AIM (or whichever service you prefer) so that when they send you something on one of those, you'll get a text message and can continue a threaded convo with your IM app. When you are done, you can shut it down and have your memory back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    No. There have been several false starts with very promising code but nothing has come out past beta.

The greater issue is this: Most of us with 700w devices would not run a threaded app in background because of memory constraints. We have the same problem with WebIS.

If you want to have a threaded chat, I recommend you install one of the many available IM apps instead.

You direct people to your IM ID, for example, instead of your mobile number. Enable your mobile device with AIM (or whichever service you prefer) so that when they send you something on one of those, you'll get a text message and can continue a threaded convo with your IM app. When you are done, you can shut it down and have your memory back.

I don't think a threaded SMS client would hold conversations in memory. I believe it receives the inbound text message and the client app would parse the message out and simulate a IM conversation.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have never used the threaded SMS so this might sound a little dumb but is threaded SMS that important to people that it become a hindrence for business?
    @brmcguire
    I think the client itself (not the convos) would take up the memory. At least that is what happened with one of the threaded SMS projects I tested for several months. It was a terrific app but the developer had other priorities. As a result the project died for several months, came back, and then died again.

@dimitri

Threaded messages would be a BIG plus for business use. I often have a situation I'm managing about which one or more people or automated systems update me via SMS. With a message thread, I was able to review entire threads and use them in other communiqué.

Needing to preserve and use multiple messages is one of the reasons I bumped up this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=111146
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12