Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Found this incredible realtime PUSH email solution for WM2003 and WM2005 devices like the Treo 700. Works like vgsmail (IMAP IDLE Client being developed by Geoffrey Cross) but MUCH more stable, reliable, and faster (it's been around a while and they have big company partners)! It consists of a small syncing program that supports true push and links with the built in Messaging app, you just need to keep it minimized but running on your Pocket PC in the background (doesn't seem to slow down the device). Upon installation, the software also creates an account in the Messaging application where your mail is kept.

You just download the sync application, they give you 500mb of server space and a cool web mail interface (looks like Outlook) that also stores and syncs calender, contacts, and tasks. You can just use it for mail and continue using ActiveSync with Outlook for everything else, that's what I do. They also gives you a free utility to sync the email on your account with Outlook on your desktop so you stay up to date!

It's called office2go and it's from space2go, a German developer that supplies PUSH mail services in Europe:

https://shop.space2go.com/faces/shop/index.jsp

I have not tried it on the 700 but the company told me it should be compatible. I tried it on our WM5 WiFi device and it was rock solid just like Chatter on the 650! I signed up for a free 30 trial of office2go and downloaded the PUSH Email client. I just forward my ISP's POP3 mail to this account (just like lots of us do with fastmail and Chatter) and within a few seconds, it shows up on my PPC in the Messaging app. It runs reliably, no crashes or lock ups yet. Outgoing mail is sent immediately, no need to hit SEND/RECEIVE anymore! Also deletes from server immediately and keeps sent mail in sync. The sync application has great downloading and scheduling options as well.

From what I can see, the prices are as follows:
    $24.50 for a year of service
    $48.00 one time sync client license which works with all SyncML servers

They deliver TRUE PUSH mail today, and for what you get, the easy setup, and reliability, I think it could be worth it.

Can someone with a 700 sign up for a free 30 day account, download the push client and let us know how it performs?

Amazing what you can find on Google...
    Sorry if this is a dumb question. But does "Push" email mean you can send and receive email w/o having to hit "Send/Receive"? Is that what "Push" means? Again, sorry if it is a dumb question.

Also, let's say I set this up for my account. It is a POP account. If I send an email will it keep my email address as the "reply to" or does this program change it around so the person receiving it recieves it from a different "reply to" address? Basically, I have steve@email.com (for ex.), I send it out, when the receiver gets it, does he see it from steve@email.com or something different like steve@space2go.com?

Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, PUSH mail is delivered right to your device without having to hit send/receive or scheduling a download. Mail comes in just like a phone call (it what the Blackberry does). Yes, you can put whatever you want as the reply to address, just edit the account options in the Messaging application. Give it a try. Do you have a 700?
    Well, I tried to find the sync client to install for WM5 but it is not obvious. I found one that was beta but it had no push options. Very confusing!
  5.    #5  
    bradsjm,

you have to sign up for a free account. Choose office2go+Email Push. you will have to enter your mobile number so they can send your phone a pin code via text message. make sure the number is in international format. After you activate your account, you will be able to download a client. I chose the WM3 version, which is also compatible with WM5. Do you have a Treo 700 to test this with? Please let us know how it works? Does it hold the data connection open and how the battery life holds up. Thanks!
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo
    bradsjm,

you have to sign up for a free account. Choose office2go+Email Push. you will have to enter your mobile number so they can send your phone a pin code via text message. make sure the number is in international format. After you activate your account, you will be able to download a client. I chose the WM3 version, which is also compatible with WM5. Do you have a Treo 700 to test this with? Please let us know how it works? Does it hold the data connection open and how the battery life holds up. Thanks!
    i use Lotus Notes 7 at work through a secure firewall system of my organization and Gmail/ Outlook at home. Are you saying:
    1) This will push email from BOTH, without a server software needing to be installed?
    2) That the 'polling' will happen in the background like in BB?
    3) If i delete on handheld will it delete in main mailbox and if i send from handheld will it show up on my sent folder of main mailbox?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    i use Lotus Notes 7 at work through a secure firewall system of my organization and Gmail/ Outlook at home. Are you saying:
    1) This will push email from BOTH, without a server software needing to be installed?
    2) That the 'polling' will happen in the background like in BB?
    3) If i delete on handheld will it delete in main mailbox and if i send from handheld will it show up on my sent folder of main mailbox?
    Your Office2go email account would simply act as a relay server. That's how everyone PUSHes mail to their Treo 650's with Chatter and Fastmail Imap server. The client sits in memory in the background of your PPC and when new mail hits your Office2Go email account, it gets pushed to your PPC device, just like the blackberry. As long as your device connects to the internet and you can receive email normally, the sync client should stay in contact with the Office2go server. I just forward a copy of my personal and business email (most servers have this option) to my Office2go account, and it shows up on my device within seconds. It's as simple as that. You can also access your office2go mail account using a desktop client like Outlook through IMAP or POP3, it supports both protocals.
  9.    #9  
    yes it moves deleted mail on the server to the deleted mail folder and sent mail shows up in the sent mail folder on the server- the office2go server.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    trying it on ppc 6700 , downloaded the wm 5 2.5 pro version software (beta).

What server address are you using ?

can't find any Instruction book etc
    yes it moves deleted mail on the server to the deleted mail folder and sent mail shows up in the sent mail folder on the server- the office2go server.
    but in BB it shows up in your sent box of the notes itself...isnt that a significant difference?
    2)how does polling happen?
    3) how is your software different from say Seven or Good or Visto or even chatter?

4)If i were to put a forwarding on my official lotus notes mail, the problem comes that when it gets forwarded from your server the from field will have 'my name" not the name of the person it originally came from, since it is a forwarded mail? How do you resolve this?

5)Will it sync all Lotus and Outlook contacts and calender into ONE common treo 700 address book and calender on the fly wirelessly?

lastly i review products in leading magazines and would be happy to talk to you about yours. Send me an email on skrishna at runbox dot com
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones

I think you downloaded the SyncML client. You need to download the Office2go PushEmail client, you don't need SyncML.

these are the settings for their client: the install file is pocketpc.cab

Profile - anything you want
    company code: 100
    user name: yourusername@space2go.com
    password: your account password
    make sure the push active box is checked

under options on the main screen make sure DIRECT is checked, then it will push all the time.

Please download and let us know how it works on the 6700, very excited to hear!!!
  13.    #13  
    but in BB it shows up in your sent box of the notes itself...isnt that a significant difference?
    2)how does polling happen?
    3) how is your software different from say Seven or Good or Visto or even chatter?

4)If i were to put a forwarding on my official lotus notes mail, the problem comes that when it gets forwarded from your server the from field will have 'my name" not the name of the person it originally came from, since it is a forwarded mail? How do you resolve this?

5)Will it sync all Lotus and Outlook contacts and calender into ONE common treo 700 address book and calender on the fly wirelessly?

lastly i review products in leading magazines and would be happy to talk to you about yours. Send me an email on skrishna at runbox dot com
    I know it's a bit confusing, it's not translated well from German. Works like Chatter connected to an IMAP server. No, mail forwarded from your server should have the original From Name. It has its own calender and contacts that it syncs with your device. But they offer a free download under options on the webmail interface called SyncWare which will keep your Outlook in sync with their servers.

I don't work for the company, I have just been testing their service and it works great! Basically it's like a mini Personal Exchange server for consumers. Very Cool indeed!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones

here is the manual for client2go. thats program that you need to download, copy to your device and install:

https://shop.space2go.com/public_htm...l_PocketPC.pdf

i think they give you opportunity to download it after you sign up.
  15.    #15  
    OK, I found the correct client download link:

set up your account, download, setup, and install this client and your in business. You need to do a manual sync the first time, then select the direct option for push:

http://www.space2go.de/pushclients/pocketpc.cab
    I know it's a bit confusing, it's not translated well from German. Works like Chatter connected to an IMAP server. No, mail forwarded from your server should have the original From Name. It has its own calender and contacts that it syncs with your device. But they offer a free download under options on the webmail interface called SyncWare which will keep your Outlook in sync with their servers.

I don't work for the company, I have just been testing their service and it works great! Basically it's like a mini Personal Exchange server for consumers. Very Cool indeed!

even if u dont work for the company your passion seems to be infectious!

are you forwarding you lotus mail now? i dont understand how will mail when it gets forwarded have any other from name than mine?

so are you saying it syncs with Lotus calender and contacts and then your device?

pls see my questions about 'polling' and why woouldnt it show up on the lotus notes sent mail when i send from the device?
  17.    #17  
    even if u dont work for the company your passion seems to be infectious!

are you forwarding you lotus mail now? i dont understand how will mail when it gets forwarded have any other from name than mine?

so are you saying it syncs with Lotus calender and contacts and then your device?

pls see my questions about 'polling' and why woouldnt it show up on the lotus notes sent mail when i send from the device?
    again, I don't use Lotus, I just forward my personal mail to my office2go account and it gets pushed to my PPC. Office2go has its own calender and contacts on its server that you enter and sync with. OR, you can just use it for email and use ActiveSync to sync everything else with your company's exchange server wirelessly if you use exchange. If not, you will need to sync your calender, contacts, tasks with Outlook on your desktop like you would normally.

OR, if you have contacts, tasks, and calender in Outlook, you could use Office2go's free SyncWare application to sync OUTLOOK with your OFFICE2GO account THEN you could sync your contacts, tasks, and calender wirelessly using Office2Go's sync client on your device.

Hope that helps!
  18.    #18  
    I set up my personal mail box on my ISP's server to forward my mail to my office2go account. My ISP has an option to do that. Most do. I don't know about your company.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    OK, I found the correct client download link:

set up your account, download, setup, and install this client and your in business. You need to do a manual sync the first time, then select the direct option for push:

http://www.space2go.de/pushclients/pocketpc.cab
    Thanks for help but I think this does not with the 6700, example no check box for email only gives you Tasks calender and contacts.

It did not create a profile in messaging, per manual either.

Maybe i missed something?
  20.    #20  
    Thanks for help but I think this does not with the 6700, example no check box for email only gives you Tasks calender and contacts.

It did not create a profile in messaging, per manual either.

Maybe i missed something?

This is the confusing step, but it is in the manual! Happened to me also. You have to perform a manual sync one time, then the link is set up with the built in Messaging application and the check box appears. At that point you can switch to direct mode for push email or set up a standard schedule that pushes mail and syncs the other items. Note, only mail is pushed, the other items have to be synced.

It should work with all PPC devices WM3 and WM5 including the 6700. Try it and let us know? We are waiting.... Good luck!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast